Half court offense

shikenjanski

Urinal Donor
Reaction score
During our offensive sets at the Barn I sense a frustration with the fan base when the Gophers let the shot clock slip down to 10 seconds or so. There are times the offense looks listless and there doesn't seem to be a purpose with the passes that are made. They seem content to hand the ball off to each other at the top of the key ad nauseum. (Purdue's offense is in stark contrast to these situations. Crisp passing, good spacing, etc.)

Could it be that this apparent "slowing down" of the offense is by design? I mean, there are teams that milk the clock for various reasons. Does anyone believe that Tubby is asking the guys to wait and look for the shot with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock?

Obviously there are times that milking the clock is intentional, i.e. up big against ILL last week. Coaches with the lead always try to shorten the game.

Sometimes I think Tubby realizes that this is not a real good 1/2 court team and would rather ISO Nolen and let him create on his own. He can penetrate at will, and you hope that he makes good decisions. Down the stretch against Louisville they did this on every possession, and it won them the game.

I know alot of our fans do not like it when Nolen tries to create on his own, but it is often their best bet in set offenses against good defenses.

Top Bottom