IU w/o Jones?

And Indiana fans storm the court......go figure.

Just shows how tough it is to win on the road in conference play.

Fans rushing the court; shows how much Indiana has fallen.

Indiana fans rushing the court against a top 20 team?! Really?

Go Gophers!!

Upset Thursday. I could not see the game. Boxscore says Illinois shot poorly.

hahah only at IU. speaks to the state of Indiana basketball over the last few years.

I'm happy for IU. I'm also glad they got this out of their system BEFORE they played us.

I think we're alone in 4th place now with Illinois and MSU going down. Makes Saturday's game even more important.

Is the illinois coach gone, gone... Most disappointing team in Big10!

I'm happy for IU. I'm also glad they got this out of their system BEFORE they played us.

I think we're alone in 4th place now with Illinois and MSU going down. Makes Saturday's game even more important.

+1. There's no way they win back-to-back home games over Top 25 teams. Right? :eek: It is a bit lame for them to rush the court, but I can't knock IU fans. They fill that place every game, even the last two years, so Gopher fans are in no position to take shots.

Is the illinois coach gone, gone... Most disappointing team in Big10!

For my money, MSU and NW have both been more disappointing based on expectations, in particular the Spartans. Number 2 ranked preseason and returning so much of a Final Four nucleus.

100%, this sets the stage for a let down & helps the Gopher chances imo.

+1. There's no way they win back-to-back home games over Top 25 teams. Right? :eek: It is a bit lame for them to rush the court, but I can't knock IU fans. They fill that place every game, even the last two years, so Gopher fans are in no position to take shots.

I can't knock them either - they have been very loyal to some very bad teams. They deserve a little success. Besides the Big Ten is better as a whole when Indiana, Michigan, etc are good instead of lousy.

Technically it sets them up for a let down in East Lansing on Sunday, but hopefully it carries over.

Well Penn State had their back-to-back knock off wins so hopefully if Indiana does it - they do it in East Lansing.

Illinois plays horribly on the road, and not just this year. For the past few years, they just look like a totally different team on the road. I know winning on the road is hard in the B10, but this is ridiculous.

I have no problem with the court rush; it's their first win over a ranked team in like 4 years. With all that's gone on in Bloomington, let the kids get excited about a big time, hard-fought win without 2 of their leading scorers (Jones & Creek).

Well Penn State had their back-to-back knock off wins so hopefully if Indiana does it - they do it in East Lansing.

I don't care how many guys are out, if Sparty loses back-to-back home games to Michigan and Indiana, it's time to read your Glen Beck books and buy your disaster seed garden. :cool02:

Not to knock IU fans, but their tickets are relatively inexpensive compared to the Gopher's. For the first two Big Ten games IU was offering a game ticket, hot dog, popcorn and a Coke for $20. One of those games was against the current #1 team, tOSU. In previous seasons they've had $5 per seat offers.

Not to knock IU fans, but their tickets are relatively inexpensive compared to the Gopher's. For the first two Big Ten games IU was offering a game ticket, hot dog, popcorn and a Coke for $20. One of those games was against the current #1 team, tOSU. In previous seasons they've had $5 per seat offers.

I'm guessing IU has a lot more seats that require donations though?

Kinda sad how far that program has fallen. Storming the court against us last yr was hilarious though. I never understood why ppl were so high on Illinois. NIT to fools like Gottlieb predicting them in the NC (or maybe just FF) game?

I have no problem with the court rush; it's their first win over a ranked team in like 4 years. With all that's gone on in Bloomington, let the kids get excited about a big time, hard-fought win without 2 of their leading scorers (Jones & Creek).

Considering that it's highly unlikely IU fans will have the opportunity to storm the court after winning a Sweet 16 tournament game, beating the border rival #21 Illini will have to do (as long as nobody gets hurt).

It's also ironic that Gopher fans (especially grey heads) get berated for not standing, cheering and blocking the view of little kids sitting behind them during regular season games. But let IU fans storm the court with exuberant support of their team and they are also berated. :confused:

This is one of the biggest wins IU has had since the senior class has been in school. I would hope the fans are excited about the win. Coach Crean holding up his hands in the lobby of assembly hall in the middle of the chanting crowd like he just won the national championship is a little crazy though, pretty pathetic actually. I would love seeing Bobby Knights reaction when he is watching this for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoH54tXSSnk&feature=youtu.be

This is one of the biggest wins IU has had since the senior class has been in school. I would hope the fans are excited about the win. Coach Crean holding up his hands in the lobby of assembly hall in the middle of the chanting crowd like he just won the national championship is a little crazy though, pretty pathetic actually. I would love seeing Bobby Knights reaction when he is watching this for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoH54tXSSnk&feature=youtu.be

Old dude in the lower left at :17....epic haha.

Am I the only one tired of seeing...

...IU students rush the floor after winning a game against less than top tier opponents? They did it last night vs. #21 Illinois, and the same versus us last year. Is this just a sign of how far they have fallen, and how desparate they are for a winner? Or is it that they are just morons who can't make the judgement call when to exercise this form of post-game celebration. Its used far less judiciously than it should be, especially for a team with multiple National Championship Banners hanging in the rafters...

You beat OSU or Duke this year for example, I have no problem with the floor rush.

At any rate, I found it to be nauseating to see students running onto to the floor just days after they lost by double digits to Iowa. Terrible.

...IU students rush the floor after winning a game against less than top tier opponents? They did it last night vs. #21 Illinois, and the same versus us last year. Is this just a sign of how far they have fallen, and how desparate they are for a winner? Or is it that they are just morons who can't make the judgement call when to exercise this form of post-game celebration. Its used far less judiciously than it should be, especially for a team with multiple National Championship Banners hanging in the rafters...

You beat OSU or Duke this year for example, I have no problem with the floor rush.

At any rate, I found it to be nauseating to see students running onto to the floor just days after they lost by double digits to Iowa. Terrible.

I responded to this on the other post...but IU fans really need something to cling to. With a basketball tradition and legacy down there, to start out the big ten 1-6 is pretty dismal. When they beat a rival, ranked team they gotta do something...and you know how Indiana fans are - unconditionally (almost fanatically) in love with their hoops team.

I kinda wish the Gopher fans would (be able to?) rush the court more. I've been a hoops fan for a while and have attended a lot of games, but I've never rushed the court. Had the 2009 Wisco game happened at home, I'd imagine we'd rush the court a la Indiana. Why don't we ever rush the court? As I said in another post - if we beat OSU at home I will rush the court solo if I have to...yes, I'll be THAT guy

Top Bottom