Iowa game advice

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
I am going to Iowa with three others on the 13th. So far, there is very little available for tickets on StubHub or anywhere else. And what is available is overpriced and not great seats. I am dumbfounded. No one even goes to those games, right? I thought there would cheap seats available everywhere.

Is anyone else going and have a better idea for buying? Is scalping a good alternative? Anyone have tickets available or know of a hook up for a fellow Gopher fan?

I went to Wisconsin too, and there were tons of tickets available to buy. I can't believe an Iowa game would cost more or be harder to procure good seats. I am at a loss!

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Buy tickets at the box office, and take your 3rd court side seats at the 16 minute time out.

There aren't scalpers because there is no market.

Just buy tickets on line through their ticket office. $25 each.

WAG, I've been to many border rival games at BT, Big 12 and Pac 10 arenas and never have I experienced as dull and un-impressive of an atmosphere as what you are likely to encounter at Carver Hawkeye Arena between the two rival programs. Hopefully we stay out of foul trouble and guard the perimeter and if we do, your drive back home will be much better.

Cheer loud.

Go Gophers!!

Went last year without tickets. Just planned on getting them at the ticket booth or a scalper and then some Iowa fan at the bar before the game (Wig and Pen) offered me pretty nice seats for about $10/tik.

I don't remember seeing any scalpers walking up to the arena but it was freezing out and I wasn't really looking. It would have been easy to buy tickets at the window, although not extremely cheap if I remember right.

$5 will get you front row

I'm with Colnathanjessup. If you're comfortable making the long trip without duckets in hand, I'd just go and buy them from a scalper. $5 should get you premium seats for that product. They may draw a bit better for that game. Everyone in Iowa City might just be jacked for the opportunity to see the team that knocked off OSU... THE NUMBER 1 TEAM IN THE NATION.

Wouldn't that be sweet.

I am from Iowa, grew up going to games and went last year without tickets. I purchased them from a scalper for $10. I would attempt to do that first, then hit up the Box Office if that fails.

Carver-Hawkeye Arena provides one of the most disappointing basketball experiences that I've ever seen. There have been bigger crowds at Rainbow Foods. Although it is nice after the first 5 minutes being able to move and sit 10 rows back.

Who Hates Iowa?

Went last year. Easy to get tickets. From a scalper got under face value for 2 seats about 6-7 rows up. No need to buy tickets ahead of time.

Went last year without tickets as well. Surprisingly few scalpers around, but demand is low and it was below zero. Bought a pair of tickets for $25. Never went to those seats, just sat at mid-court about 20 rows up and no one ever said a word. Only problem was that the beer we hid in a snow bank on the walk over got a little bit frozen during the game. Good times.

Carver-Hawkeye (despite the terrible, dead atmosphere) is actually a pretty good place to watch a game. Fairly good sight-lines, and has already been stated, you can usually walk down much closer to the court.

Will anyone else be pre-gaming at Wig and Pen (great pizza place and pub down the street from Carve-Hawkeye)?

Top Bottom