Sid Anecdote

jmag21

Reaction score
Okay, I was leaving Williams last night, and Sid was in front of me. At the T intersection between Williams, Mariucci and TCF, a few pedestrians, including Sid and I, decided to do a bit of jay-walking. There was a new cadillac waiting to turn right/get through the horde of Gopher faithful, and it was stopped in the crosswalk. As Sid walked behind it, he gave it a little tap on the trunk (or, that's all it looked like to me, maybe he did something else as well, but nobody around me saw it). The passenger door flew open, and an irate fellow popped out and started yelling at Sid/everybody "What are you doing? There's no reason to be a vandal! Have a little respect, for ----- sake." Sid, of course, was in his Mr. Magoo-like state, and didn't notice, but I thought it was hilarious, and used it to make an ostrogoth joke. Basically, Sid's hilarious.

Okay, I was leaving Williams last night, and Sid was in front of me. At the T intersection between Williams, Mariucci and TCF, a few pedestrians, including Sid and I, decided to do a bit of jay-walking. There was a new cadillac waiting to turn right/get through the horde of Gopher faithful, and it was stopped in the crosswalk. As Sid walked behind it, he gave it a little tap on the trunk (or, that's all it looked like to me, maybe he did something else as well, but nobody around me saw it). The passenger door flew open, and an irate fellow popped out and started yelling at Sid/everybody "What are you doing? There's no reason to be a vandal! Have a little respect, for ----- sake." Sid, of course, was in his Mr. Magoo-like state, and didn't notice, but I thought it was hilarious, and used it to make an ostrogoth joke. Basically, Sid's hilarious.

trying to keep his footing I'll bet.

Sounds like the driver needs to chill out. How much damage is a 92 year-old man tapping on the trunk going to do?

Sid

I have a similar Sid story. I live near Sid and one day at the neighborhood gas station Sid pulls up in HIS Cadillac to fill up. I wound up right behind him at the cashier so I said Hi. He either did not hear me or just ignored me ( Like Mr. Magoo ). When I pulled out of the gas station I was behind him again at a stop sign where Sid proceded to take a left turn while totally ignoring oncoming traffic. He nearly got T-boned by a delivery truck.

Again, Mr. Magoo in action.

:D

Another story about Sid.......

I actually saw him as the game last night as well. Years ago, I actually knew him very well, so I said hello and reintroduced myself (as I knew of his inability to remember ANYONE'S name who cannot help him get something) He glazed over, no recollection at all (which did not surprise me) He pushed past me (somewhat embarassed I think) and off to his car. One day he "will forget," where he is or where he is going....and let's just hope he doesn't take anyone with him when he totals the Caddie.

Top Bottom