1-3-1 - a new defense?

We aaaaaalways play crappy against it. BTW no FBT chat for us makes me sad.

It doesn't look like we have every seen this before.

Hear what you're saying but 1-3-1 is always hard for guards and you have to consider that we have no experienced ball handler and no shooters. That said you'd hope we can come up with something better for the second half.

the lead

It seems this team can't play with a lead of any kind. Something seems to kick in if our lads get too far ahead.

:(

Either tubby has no idea of how to attack it or our team has got the talent level that is worse than most d2 schools. Either that or we just have no poise at all. Attack the 1-3-1, if you are passive you will not get good looks. Really simple. Tell Hoff it is okay to dribble by some people.

Either tubby has no idea of how to attack it or our team has got the talent level that is worse than most d2 schools. Either that or we just have no poise at all. Attack the 1-3-1, if you are passive you will not get good looks. Really simple. Tell Hoff it is okay to dribble by some people.

Dead On. Tubby can attack it, the players haven't seen it much though I'd guess.

RSIII had the right idea on that little cheap shot on Shurna. He's lucky he didn't get a flagarant foul.

Watch the replay, Sampson clearly pushed him. Players don't just run into the base of the basket like that without being pushed. Like I said, lucky break an intentional foul wasn't called. Ended up being a good play since Shurna's replacement missed both FT's I think.

Watch the replay, Sampson clearly pushed him. Players don't just run into the base of the basket like that without being pushed. Like I said, lucky break an intentional foul wasn't called. Ended up being a good play since Shurna's replacement missed both FT's I think.

He was running full speed on a breakaway. He could easily go right into the pad.

On a totally different note (and back on topic), the Gophers did a great job attacking that zone in the second half. Our guards did a great job of keeping their eyes up and making passes inside. The bigs did a GREAT job of catching and making interior passes. Overall we played well against that zone in the second half.

Just watched the reply on The Finale. RSIII definitely looked like he gave him a little push/touch.

Is this serious? Wasn't even close to anything intentional.

Definitely not intentional. But he put both hands onto/into Shurna's back for some reason (I think to slow up and make a rebound if needed).

Wasn't "intentional" with harm intended but Sampson clearly pushed him.

On a totally different note (and back on topic), the Gophers did a great job attacking that zone in the second half. Our guards did a great job of keeping their eyes up and making passes inside. The bigs did a GREAT job of catching and making interior passes. Overall we played well against that zone in the second half.

You're right - with the team out there, they played the 1-3-1 well, maybe not as well if AN was playing, but still well.

A little of both. Like I said, players don't just crash into the basket like that.

Funny, that happens to Williams or Mbakwe and there's a riot in dinkytown.

Oh well, got the Big W over the pesky Mildcats. Purdue is lookin' to get whooped again Saturday m'boy....

A little of both. Like I said, players don't just crash into the basket like that.

Funny, that happens to Williams or Mbakwe and there's a riot in dinkytown.

Oh well, got the Big W over the pesky Mildcats. Purdue is lookin' to get whooped again Saturday m'boy....

Well of course there would be a riot. Those are our guys :D

RSIII had the right idea on that little cheap shot on Shurna. He's lucky he didn't get a flagarant foul.

Ralph did push him. But there was nothing 'cheap shot' about it. There are hundreds of more violent pushes and shoves in every Big 10 game. In this case, it stood out because the guy was already about to go flying out of bounds and this propelled him slightly further rather then collapsing in a heap of humanity under the basket as would normally happen. But anything to create controversy, right?

the Ralph push

If Ralph pushed Shurna hard with two hands into the support on purpose, Ralph would be averaging 15 pts, 10 reb for us and the NBA scouts would be drooling. Ralph doesnt have that kind of attitude. I watched it three times. He put his hands on him to prevent the two players from getting their feet tangled as they we meeting at a funny angle.

I'm guessing Tubby and the coaches spent halftime reminding the players what they worked on in practice to attack the zone. It was clear they had some set tactics that they finally deployed in the 2nd half.

Ended up being a good play since Shurna's replacement missed both FT's I think.

I don't know why I'm feeding the troll, but here goes:

It wasn't Shurna's replacement that missed the FT's, it was the player that got the rebound after Shurna's shot was blocked by Rodney. He was fouled trying to get a second chance basket.

Top Bottom