Royce/Rodney

Stoodabaker

Reaction score
Royce is a stud and could be playing valuable minutes for us this year.
Rodney is athletically gifted but could benefit from a red shirt year to fill out and fine tune his game.

Here's my take from the other thread:

Rodney has a LOT of work to do before he's going to get minutes next year. He is a freakish athlete, but settles for bad shots way too often, considering he's barely an average shooter. Tonight Hopkins just manhandled him with their strength. He had a few dunks, but only hit 2-3 jumpers all night out of 10-11. He is physically not ready for the Big 10. Defenses are just going to knock him around; he really needs to work on his shot and strength if he wants to contribute next year.

Royce, on the other hand, is physically ready to compete yesterday. Mark my words though, Mbakwe will be the surprise next year. He's addicted to the basketball; he rebounds with reckless abandon...something our team could definitely use.

If Rodney can develop a jump shot he will be in the NBA. He reminds me a lot of Rodney Carney from the Timberwolves.

You must consider their respective teams

Hopkins has like 11 guys that will play D-1 Royce gets the ball in good spots often and also benefits from his other guys needing to be defended. Rodney's situation, especially tonight, going against 4-5 d-1 defenders on the floor at one time, is different. When Rodney has Nolen, Royce, Sampson and Hoffarber on the floor with him, for example, we will see a big difference. I agree that his frame and shooting could use some work.

Royce is force. I'm very happy we have both.

Top Bottom