Royce White

oleboy41

Reaction score
-Royce White is just an absolute beast on the court. Kid is the real deal. He's quick, strong, can handle the rock and has some pretty moves
- Rodney is athletic as all get out but I think playing the 4 spot isn't really helping him right now. Still the kid has a second gear thats just sick
- I've been to 2 games in Illinois this year, both to see Brandon Paul who's a top 50 guy, heading to Ill and his team (they were ranked 2nd in the state before Paul hurt his hand 3 games ago) and in one of the games they were playing the 10th team in Ill Lake Forest who has a Michigan Signee. The point is that both Cooper and Hopkins are definitely better than both. Hopkins is probably the best team in the Midwest but I didn't realize Cooper was so good. They would be a top 5 team in Ill this year which is no small feat. Their only issue is a lack of height.
- Hopkins is just sick with depth. Every player they've put on the floor looks like a D1 player. There was no dropoff when Joe Coleman, Singleton and the others came into the game
- The Cooper coach looks and sounds like he should be teaching geometry instead of basketball.
-Cooper is fairly undisciplined but I think that isn't always a bad thing in high school when you have a team with quickness and shooting

I'm am going to enjoy watching Royce play for us. He is for real!

Hopkins is just too tough. Their depth is phenomenal, great defense, and fundamentally sound.

Just got back from the game - great atmosphere and a great night of HS ball in the state of Minnesota. Tonight was a showcase of how far our state has come in hoops...WOW!

I was very impressed with how polished Royce's game is. He is a much better passer than I imagined and handles the ball very well for a big man. He's physical, yet has a nice touch around the basket.

Fun night of hoops.

Go Gophers!!

All Tubby has to do is get rid of royce's temper. Thats all that concerns me about him.

Rodney has a LOT of work to do before he's going to get minutes next year. He is a freakish athlete, but settles for bad shots way too often, considering he's barely an average shooter. Tonight Hopkins just manhandled him with their strength. He had a few dunks, but only hit 2-3 jumpers all night out of 10-11. He is physically not ready for the Big 10. Defenses are just going to knock him around; he really needs to work on his outside shot and strength if he wants to contribute next year.

Royce, on the other hand, is physically ready to compete yesterday. Mark my words though, Mbakwe will be the surprise next year. He's addicted to the basketball; he rebounds with reckless abandon...something our team could definitely use.

I LOVE R&R!!!!

Thanks to IAM4GOLDY getting us tickets, I was able to go to this awesome game tonight.

I agree with all the comments that are being made - Royce just has such a complete game. And for anyone that questions if we "need" him, I encourage you to see him play. This was not Rodney's best game, I have seen him play much better...with that being said, both RW & RW put up 21pts each.

On a side note, I just love both of them personally too. People have questioned both of them, and both could not have been more gracious and courteous tonight (and to me, they're always so sweet). Both thanked me for coming to the game, and we so kind. They were signing autographs for their fans and taking photos, doing interviews, etc.

I asked Rodney about the game and he said:

"I feel we kind of gave it to them towards the end, if we see them again it'll be a whole different story. We just need to out-rebound them and work on our defense."

I was only able to see the first half and Royce had a great half. It sounds like Rodney had a pretty good second half if he ended up with 21.

quick question

I noticed watching the game on the web that both royce and rodney gave the hand signal across the throat after a big play. Shouldn't this warrant a technical foul? I don't know if anybody happened to see this but it just kind of bothered me. Maybe the refs are a little bit more loose in the cities but but in southeastern minnesota, where i'm from, that would probably be a technical. I'm not trying to stir anything up, i'm just curious what people think. On a side note, I love these two guys, as both bring something different to the table. Can't wait to see them playing this next year, and years to come!

Guess what guy's and gal's....rebounding next year will be this team's BIGGEST strength!

I watched last night's game on Cable 12 after my games at Osseo were done. The University of Hopkins was using Cooper for a toy. They would let Cooper either tie or within 1, and then Hopkins would open the game right back to a 6-8 point game. Later on, they realized who they were and drew off handily.

I noticed that Cooper got a new scoreboard since I was there a week and a half ago.

Do you think a red-shirt year would do Rodney good to bulk up?

I noticed watching the game on the web that both royce and rodney gave the hand signal across the throat after a big play. Shouldn't this warrant a technical foul? I don't know if anybody happened to see this but it just kind of bothered me. Maybe the refs are a little bit more loose in the cities but but in southeastern minnesota, where i'm from, that would probably be a technical. I'm not trying to stir anything up, i'm just curious what people think. On a side note, I love these two guys, as both bring something different to the table. Can't wait to see them playing this next year, and years to come!

I saw the same play. I know the refs that did last night's game, and all three are excellent officials. What most likely happened was that they got caught in transition. Without boring you to death on the subtleties of three-man officiating, let me explain what I think happened. Lead (the ref on the baseline) is on the side of the basket opposite the scorers table. He blows the whistle, calls the foul, and once play stops runs to the table to report it to the book. To administer the free throws, the center official (at the free throw line extended, on the other side of the lead) rotates down to the baseline. Rodney made his throat-slash during the transition with his back to the rotating refs. While I'm sure the 3rd guy noticed it, I doubt he's going to run in from the trail spot to warn him.

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's what I thought happened.

I watched last night's game on Cable 12 after my games at Osseo were done. The University of Hopkins was using Cooper for a toy. They would let Cooper either tie or within 1, and then Hopkins would open the game right back to a 6-8 point game. Later on, they realized who they were and drew off handily.

I noticed that Cooper got a new scoreboard since I was there a week and a half ago.

Do you think a red-shirt year would do Rodney good to bulk up?

I saw the same play. I know the refs that did last night's game, and all three are excellent officials. What most likely happened was that they got caught in transition. Without boring you to death on the subtleties of three-man officiating, let me explain what I think happened. Lead (the ref on the baseline) is on the side of the basket opposite the scorers table. He blows the whistle, calls the foul, and once play stops runs to the table to report it to the book. To administer the free throws, the center official (at the free throw line extended, on the other side of the lead) rotates down to the baseline. Rodney made his throat-slash during the transition with his back to the rotating refs. While I'm sure the 3rd guy noticed it, I doubt he's going to run in from the trail spot to warn him.

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's what I thought happened.

Apparently I'm out of touch. What's the significance of the throat slash?

Top Bottom