Dave Telep/ESPN updated rankings: Hollins #81, Coleman #90

It's good to see these two developing throughout the year. I am excited about this small, but talented recruiting class. I believe Hollins is going to be a big contributor next year at the point for us as a freshman, especially now that we have such a huge need. With our frontcourt coming back next year, I like our chances to continue to improve as a team next year and compete for at least a top 4 finish in the big 10. GO GOPHS!!!

The illini and buckeyes have a couple nice classes too, as usual. Lists like these really demonstrate that good recruiting, although important, is not as important as good coaching/player development. I think Brewster proved the same thing too.

The illini and buckeyes have a couple nice classes too, as usual. Lists like these really demonstrate that good recruiting, although important, is not as important as good coaching/player development. I think Brewster proved the same thing too.

Couldn't agree more. Even now where every player is watched from 7th grade up and high school stars are treated like royalty players slip past the rankings and top schools and end up at mid-majors...i.e. Steph Curry. Just keep getting kids that fit your system and the wins will come.

Would be nice to land a top 10 player though...

Top 10 players probably prefer practice facilities....LOL

No kidding. Who is the highest rated Gopher we've ever landed? Royce White? How high was he (pun intended)?

Some here would know better than I, but I think I remember Joel Pryzbilla was ranked as high as #3 by at least one authority.

Lavin of St. Johhs with 6 in the top 100. Not bad. None listed as being from NY either. Wow.

It might have been a different service, but wasn't Andre Hollins rated #44 earlier?

Kentucky will never make it very far when they have to replace their entire line up of one and done players every year. They can have them.

UK has 9 players on current roster (minus walk-on). Gophers have 8 (minus walk-on). UK players are rated > than Gopher players.

UK is 15-4 and 3-2 in SEC. Gophers are 15-4 and 4-3 in B10.

UK has 9 players on current roster (minus walk-on). Gophers have 8 (minus walk-on). UK players are rated > than Gopher players.

UK is 15-4 and 3-2 in SEC. Gophers are 15-4 and 4-3 in B10.

I'm talking about meaningful games. I'm talking about the NCAA tournament where experience is the difference.

Also I honestly have no clue what you were trying to tell me. Sorry. You just told me what I already know

I also believe that Richert was ranked pretty high when he signed.

Lots of Big East Teams up front. And Ohio State.

Korleone Young?????

Poster child for guys who shouldn't have gone to the NBA straight out of HS. Barely drafted, hardly played. Was cut and went overseas.

My favorite line about Andre ...

He has worked to improve his game with each season and he knows which aspects he need to continue his upward incline

Poster child for guys who shouldn't have gone to the NBA straight out of HS. Barely drafted, hardly played. Was cut and went overseas.

Yeah, seriously. I just decided to look him up for kicks, and this is pretty telling:

Hargrave's then assistant coach, Kevin Keats, said, "Normally, when a kid is thinking about something like this, you'll hear about it. But with Korleone, it was a total surprise".

That was a disaster waiting to happen.

Darryl Mitchell was top 5...

and a McDonald's AA class of '78. Interesting note, Vince Taylor was also on that team. Other notables that year were Landon Turner and Scooter McCray.

It's nice to have both recurits inside the top 100, but we need to improve on that. I think you can look back at previous years and find that being inside the top 50 is a much greater indicator of success than being inside the top 100. I hope the expectations for Andre are realistic on this board because guys ranked in the 80's usually don't come in and have a major impact on tournament teams immediately.

except andre is way underrated. 5 stars myck kabongo, and nick johnson looked like really good above average players againist white station, andre looked like a first round draft pick

Top Bottom