Huggins and WVU have rules too

Section201

Reaction score
Oh to be young and stupid again!

I remain flabbergasted at the ease with which some of these kids toss a golden opportunity into the nearest toilet.

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP)—West Virginia leading scorer Casey Mitchell was suspended indefinitely Monday for an undisclosed violation of team rules...

Mitchell’s suspension came a day after forward Dan Jennings walked away from the bench in the second half of Sunday’s game. Huggins called Jennings’ exit “inexcusable.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-wvirginia-mitchell

Are you saying that some of the kids playing college basketball in this day and age really do NOT know more than the coach? :banghead:

this won't help our RPI if they collapse.
I was at a coaches clinic where Huggins spoke/rambled for an hour or so. I appreciate his concern for his players long-term more after hearing him because he talked a little about the lack of discipline and father figures most of the kids he was recruiting had and how the structure and discipline that he used helped these kids.
His method of punishment for a mental screw-up in practice seemed a bit over the top- the offending player had a 20 or 40 second sprint on a running treadmill, depending on the severity of the infraction. But his reaction to the kid that blew out his knee last year spoke more of his care for his kids than the treadmill.

Casey Mitchell can flat out score. Single handedly kept WVU in the game against us for the first 30 mins earlier this year.

I can't see WVU winning too many games in the Big East without him.

Top Bottom