Al

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
As a huge fan, I feel horrible for Al. Not only has he been able to play about a season's worth of basketball in the last 2 seasons, he will miss senior day, miss playing in the tournement his last year, and imo worse, will never break the steals record. Al thankyou so much for commiting to the gophers physically and mentally. I hope you heal in time for some games, but if not its an honor to watch you, and on senior day i hope you get the biggest standing ovation of all time in the barn. unfortunatelly blake will probably steal the show, but job well done Al. Heres to a prosperous life.

As a huge fan, I feel horrible for Al. Not only has he been able to play about a season's worth of basketball in the last 2 seasons, he will miss senior day, miss playing in the tournement his last year, and imo worse, will never break the steals record. Al thankyou so much for commiting to the gophers physically and mentally. I hope you heal in time for some games, but if not its an honor to watch you, and on senior day i hope you get the biggest standing ovation of all time in the barn. unfortunatelly blake will probably steal the show, but job well done Al. Heres to a prosperous life.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I'm as pessimistic as the next guy, and even I think there's a possibility we see Al by the end of the year.

Al hasn't played his last game for the Gophers. Usually when you hear 2-3 weeks, it means 1 or 2. When you hear 3-4 weeks, it means 2-3. I think we'll see Al on the court before February 19 (4 weeks to the day from the Michigan game). Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but he's a senior and if he has any chance at all of playing he'll do it. Gut feeling. The question is, can we stay above water until then?

Let's hope Al is able to pull an Evan Turner and come back a 2 weeks ahead of the timeline from last year. Man did he come back strong too!

Regardless of when Al comes back he still has an important role on the team. Just as we saw him coaching Trevor up during a timeout against Michigan his input is huge as a leader.

Not that this thread is going there but I refuse to get into this gloom and doom crap.

We're going to be ok.

Let's hope Al is able to pull an Evan Turner and come back a 2 weeks ahead of the timeline from last year. Man did he come back strong too!

That never happened. The Evan Turner that nearly had a triple-double against the Gophers last year was a different guy according to ESPN.

There's something to be said about positive attitudes and the integral role they play especially in times of healing. Keep your head up Al throughout your recovery, and continue to lead this team even if it is from the bench for awhile!

This team needs some 'good' luck. Let's hope Al makes it back by the end of the season and leads the Gophers to a nice run in BTT and NCAA Tournament. Would make for a good story.:cheer:

There's something to be said about positive attitudes and the integral role they play especially in times of healing. Keep your head up Al throughout your recovery, and continue to lead this team even if it is from the bench for awhile!

+100

The question is, can we stay above water until then?

Games through February:

Northwestern-H
Purdue-A
Indiana-A
Ohio State-H
Illinois-H
Iowa-A
Penn State-A
Mich St-H
Michigan-H

4-5 or 5-4 scenario?

I have a feeling there are going to be a couple of ugly losses though.

Games through February:

Northwestern-H
Purdue-A
Indiana-A
Ohio State-H
Illinois-H
Iowa-A
Penn State-A
Mich St-H
Michigan-H

4-5 or 5-4 scenario?

I have a feeling there are going to be a couple of ugly losses though.

The Gophers performed well in the 2nd half against Michigan without both Nolen and Hollins. If they can keep that up then I expect the following:

Should win:
Northwestern-H
Indiana-A
Iowa-A
Penn State-A
Michigan-H.

Competitive:
Illinois-H
Michigan State-H

Umm, good luck:
Purdue-A
Ohio State-H

Keep in mind we still have a front court that can compete with anyone in the nation and Blake has done well so far this year at point. ALL IS NOT LOST!

Top Bottom