Mustache or Moustache

shikenjanski

Urinal Donor
Reaction score
During the Purdue game I saw a hint or a threat of a mustache on the upper lip of T. Busch. RSIII sports a dapper stache as well.

In my mind, if a gent has a mustache, he is a cop/plumber/coal worker, comes from a long line of mustachioed men, or sells various snake oils near the entrance to town. (Hollywood types excluded.) There seems to be either a workman-like quality or a "hide your daughter" element that comes with the man who dons the mustache. (I have a mustache and I fit into both categories. My wife would argue that I don't fit into either category.)

The point I am laboring to make is this: The mustache is a bold facial move. It is premeditated and it is usually planned in advance. What do we, as Gopher fans, plan to do in response, support or vilification of these Mustaches that reside in our ranks? Will we support our men in all of their facial hair choices? Or will we abandon them at the first sign of an ingrown hair?

I, for one, say we stand and say a collective "YES YOU CAN" and let these young men know we care. It can't be easy to play in front of 15,000 screaming fans and wonder, "Do they notice? Can they even see my stache from the cheap seats?"

I can't begin to imagine the pressure.

During the Purdue game I saw a hint or a threat of a mustache on the upper lip of T. Busch. RSIII sports a dapper stache as well.

In my mind, if a gent has a mustache, he is a cop/plumber/coal worker, comes from a long line of mustachioed men, or sells various snake oils near the entrance to town. (Hollywood types excluded.) There seems to be either a workman-like quality or a "hide your daughter" element that comes with the man who dons the mustache. (I have a mustache and I fit into both categories. My wife would argue that I don't fit into either category.)

The point I am laboring to make is this: The mustache is a bold facial move. It is premeditated and it is usually planned in advance. What do we, as Gopher fans, plan to do in response, support or vilification of these Mustaches that reside in our ranks? Will we support our men in all of their facial hair choices? Or will we abandon them at the first sign of an ingrown hair?

I, for one, say we stand and say a collective "YES YOU CAN" and let these young men know we care. It can't be easy to play in front of 15,000 screaming fans and wonder, "Do they notice? Can they even see my stache from the cheap seats?"

I can't begin to imagine the pressure.

This is a great post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiJpT6tKVDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgTEFsNftmQ

UPDATE: Busch appears to have shaved his stache at some point, b/c it wasn't there for the Illinois game. Nolen's got one though. i think Iverson needs to grow a Burt Reynolds-esqe stache to up his street cred.

One flaw: There are no cheap seats.
As a blonde, Iverson would need to try for a Robert Redford/Sundance kid look
866.jpg

Travis' facial hair was also noticed by a few of the people I was watching one of the games with. We decided it had to be dubbed a "BUSCHstache." Did I mention I had been drinking fairly heavily at this point???

As a blonde, Iverson would need to try for a Robert Redford/Sundance kid look
Upon reflection, I'm questioning if he has ample eligibility to pull that look off.

Top Bottom