Nolen out three weeks?

Doc1001

Reaction score
At least that was the best guess according to this mornings Pioneer Press. I am afraid this could be a loss or two more than we would have had unless Mav shocks us all.

PP

At least that was the best guess according to this mornings Pioneer Press. I am afraid this could be a loss or two more than we would have had unless Mav shocks us all.

I was worried until I saw your source was the PP.

Hopefully they and their source got it wrong.

Not good if true. I suspect we see a lot of Devoe at PG while Nolen is out...oops.

This should have happened w/o the ankle sprain. Coach Smith said he wears the boot except during game time. He needs to rest that foot and get back to where hs's closer to 100%.

Walking out on crutches and not wanting to say anything doesn't sound too promising. More experience for the freshmen, and it'll also give more time for the stress fracture to heal. With this team's fortunes you sometimes have to look hard for the positives.

oregon

Not good if true. I suspect we see a lot of Devoe at PG while Nolen is out...oops.

Oregon was playing Oregon State last night and I looked for Devoe on the end of the bench but the lighting was so poor I couldn't see who was there.

Quality career move in any case.

:(

im not worried yet. a sprain is more like a week, plus nolens a senior, he'll be determined to get back quick

a sprain only takes a week or less to fully heal from my experiences. 3 weeks is way too long unless he broke something

a sprain only takes a week or less to fully heal from my experiences. 3 weeks is way too long unless he broke something

http://www.sports-injury-info.com/ankle-sprain-recovery.html

<Summary
So, how long does it take to recover from an average ankle sprain... with good intial care including rest, ice, compression, and elevation, rehabilitation that focuses on not only restoring strength and endurance but also balance and proprioception, and a little luck, you should be off the sidelines in 4-6 weeks.
>

I guess you've never had a high ankle sprain...Hopefully Nolen doesn't have one but even a regular ankle sprain can mean a 2-3 week recovery if severe enough.

Siena guard Jackson missed 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. Second game back Friday he re injured it.

Beware of the "I've had an ankle sprain(s) so therefore every ankle sprain is just like mine" Syndrome.

Looks like Ahanmisi is going to be our point for a whlie. I hope the fans get behind him. We all want this to be a good experience for him and us.

A sprain can be a day or it can be 8 weeks. Ankle sprains very greatly in severity.

Well, if Al does indeed miss time, there are a few silver linings:

First of all, both Mav and Chip have strengths that are weaknesses for Al. Mav can knock down open threes and Chip has the explosiveness to get to the hoop that no other Gopher has. Not saying they are better players by any means, but their strengths could create problems for opponents in certain situations. They will also surely gain seasoning, which can only help come tourney time.

Secondly, we'll get a chance to see Hoff at point, whom I suspect might be best choice as backup point guard. We could get many opportunities to compare a Mav-Hoff backcourt to a Hoff-Chip backcourt. I've never understood why Tubby doesn't experiment more with his lineups, but now he'll be forced to, and we might learn something from it.

Of course this is a MOOT if the team tanks, but if they can at least tread water and eventually get Al back, this could be a blessing in disguise.

You can't put a time frame on a sprained ankle without examining it. Even the doctors don't have a very accurate idea after the examination. The recovery time on an injury like that varies a lot (location, treatment, person).

Disregard the retard with the Mr. Miagi one week ankle cure.

Al needs to take as much time as possible to get the ankle healthy, yet get back in time to keep from getting too rusty. As a senior, I'm sure he's anxious to get back on the court, but realistically, the team is not going to be the regular season big 10 champs. What is possible is that Al gets a couple of pre-tourney games to knock the rust off and then have this team go on another Big 10 Tourney tear and follow with a nice run in the NCAA's.

Blake will be key more now than ever. He needs to channel his best "JJ Redick" and lead this offense until Al gets back.

Top Bottom