Officiating Was Brutal

LesBolstad

Reaction score
I guess it's true; you are down 6-8 points from the start on the road in the B10. That was the worst crew I've seen this year. Phantom travelling calls, Mav with the obvious shot release before the charge, baseline out of bounds call overrule from an official at halfcourt. Gophers actually won this game by 15 points.

Radio announcers mentioned during the next stop in play, Hartzell asked the video scorekeeper if Michigan had touched the ball on the out of bounds call. When told they had, he grimaced realizing he had blown the call.

Watching the replay, I think the charge was correct on Mav.

After the Iowa win, many of the Iowa fans thought the Gophers got a generous serving of home cooking - their complaints were basically they could not touch the Gopher guards without a foul call but the Gophers were very physical on their guards.

The refs are human, and can be influenced, if you look like you are in control and first to the spot you get the call. Also, good acting can help, and if everyone in the crowd reacts as if the call was blown, the officials start to think maybe they missed it.

The charge was definately correct, but he released the ball well before contact. The basket should have counted.

Top Bottom