Next year

gold04

Reaction score
Next year we will definetly be one of the favorites in the Big Ten and be one of the teams who will be contending for a national title! We will be deep, talented and have experience. Next year this basketball team will be very, very good.

Maybe a solid top 3 Big Ten finish is more realistic. Check your expectations until you see how we weather the toughest stretch of the season. I still think a top 5 finish and an NCAA birth is Tubby getting everything out of this inexperienced lineup.

Two years from now is where we can expect a run at the Big Ten title. It'll be rough because we aren't the only team on the rise in the conference. The Big Ten will be back in a big way in a year or two. We should compete with this rotation:
C-Ralph Sampson
F-RoyceWhite
F-Harrison Barnes
G-Rodney Williams
G-Al Nolen
Bench
Colt Iverson
Trevor Mbwake
Paul Carter
Blake Hoffarber
Devoe Joseph
Justin Cobbs
Potential Recruits
Cory Joseph
Chad Calcaterra

I didn't know we were recruiting Harrison Barnes. Why did you put him in the starting line up already?

I didn't know we were recruiting Harrison Barnes. Why did you put him in the starting line up already?

Everyone is recruiting Harrison Barnes. The chances of him in a UM uniform are in the 0-1% range.

AK is dreaming.

Everyone is recruiting Harrison Barnes. The chances of him in a UM uniform are in the 0-1% range.

AK is dreaming.

Tubby is due for a national recruit. We're back on the radar and we have a few things going for us.
-Proximity to Ames- better than the home teams
-Big Ten Contender

The biggest thing we have going are the players around him. A very solid team and yet he'd likely be "the guy". That might not be the case at Duke or UNC. That means something since he looks to be one and done.

0-1% is harsh. Tubby has made the trip down there, so he must believe he has a chance. I'm thinking we have a good shot at being one of his 5 visits. Heck, Monson almost got Krabbenhoft.

Do we even have a scholarship for barnes?

I'm also glad to see that three guys whom haven't been handed their diplomas yet are starting over seasoned juniors and seniors in college. Interesting.

Barnes would be great but he has like 30 colleges offering him. Being so close to Aimes helps the Gophers, his family wouldnt have far to travel. We will see though, Im excited for the 2010 classes to start building.

Quoting AKG
"Everyone is recruiting Harrison Barnes. The chances of him in a UM uniform are in the 0-1% range."
You may be in for a surprise. It seems that Tubby feels his chances are much better than that. The days when a top recruit would pick any top school over Minnesota could be over. Playing for Tubby is regarded as pretty desirable.

I expect the team to be better next year, largely because the present players will be more experienced. The new comers should be the best we have had in a long time. I am sure they will contribute. But, I don't expect them to dominate anywhere in the line up. Mbakwe and White will have the best chance to get big minute just as Iverson and Sampson did this year. It is simply a matter of numbers at the positions they can play.

I would bet that Barnes is down to 10 (from 20-30) and I bet we are still in that 10. So I would say we have about a 10-15% chance which I will take. Go get em Tubby!

I would bet that Barnes is down to 10 (from 20-30) and I bet we are still in that 10. So I would say we have about a 10-15% chance which I will take. Go get em Tubby!

When Duke, Kansas and UNC are 3 of those 10, I don't think you can consider everyone getting an equal 10% share.

I love Tubby as much as the next guy and I'm positive that we would be in it until the end if he was a local kid, but he's got no real ties to the area and should be considered a HUGE longshot at this point. We are not in the same stratosphere as the aforementioned schools for national kids, and will probably never get there.

When Duke, Kansas and UNC are 3 of those 10, I don't think you can consider everyone getting an equal 10% share.

I love Tubby as much as the next guy and I'm positive that we would be in it until the end if he was a local kid, but he's got no real ties to the area and should be considered a HUGE longshot at this point. We are not in the same stratosphere as the aforementioned schools for national kids, and will probably never get there.

You're right that he's not a local kid, but being only a few hours away might matter more than you think.

Iowa St.

What are the odds that he stays right at home at Iowa St.?

What are the odds that he stays right at home at Iowa St.?

He said before that he wanted a good school where he could win a championship. Unless he's changed his mind, ISU doesn't fit the bill.

Look at the big picture of the schools in the Top 10 before you write him off:

Duke:
09 class has a 5* Forward and a 4* forward; 2010 class has a 4*wing and a 5*forward

UNC:
09 class has a 5*forward, a 4*wing, three4*forwards; 2010 has a 5*forward.

Kansas has room and a role for him, so does Florida.

We've got a shot, UNC and Duke will be loaded at his position. Tubby has beaten Self (Joseph) and Donovan (Iverson)for recruits here already at Minnesota. Monson is gone, we will occasionally get a national recruit, especially if we contend for the conference title soon. I expect that will also Tubby also will get some high profile recruits who value the opportunity to play for an African-American coach.

Not to be all...whatever, but why are we looking ahead when we could be tied for the conference lead in 4 hours?

yeah I am looking forward to what Tubby has in store for some of his future classes. Hopefully somehow we can land the Prather kid. Check out this video, he's a stud. There will be a link on this main page. http://www.bringvictory.com/

Top Bottom