ESPN forgets that the Gophers exist

its the 2nd time this has happened. Maybe we should join the Horizon league or another mid-major to get on their radar?

They forgot we won too. When they showed the Big Ten standings during the MSU/Purdue game they had us at 3-3.

*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# ESPN...if your team doesn't exist in NY, Boston, Chicago or LA then you're just a 2nd class citizen.

ESPN Radio Sports Center while driving home from a movie didn't even list the MN/MI score in their college BBall roundup.

I watched 2 straight hours of SportsCenter (in the background, granted, but I kept an eye on the upcoming highlights on the side), and we didn't get even a mention. I flipped on ESPNU and finally after about 45 minutes we had a few brief highlights, and actually they were mostly Michigan highlights.

Still not updated on their website. And it's not just ignored from the top 25. It's not listed in Big Ten results from yesterday. And we're still 3-3.

Maybe the game didn't happen?

And Andrew, if you're going to ask people to follow you on Twitter, spell "Follow" correctly.

Over the last decade, we have become the most invisible school on the Big Ten sports radar.

The sooner we admit this the sooner we can fix it.

We hardly get love on the Big 10 Network, why would ESPN pay us any mind?
In my opinion ESPN gets worse every year, I miss the good ol days of Olbermann/Patrick/Steiner.

If you click on our team it says 69-64 on the schedule but does not list it as a win OR a loss... :confused:

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,
Nicole
ESPN.com Customer Care

<no picture of Nicole attached>

ESPN waiting to see if in fact Evan Turner played in the game before deciding whether or not it was a Gopher win.

ESPN waiting to see if in fact Evan Turner played in the game before deciding whether or not it was a Gopher win.

:clap: :clap: :clap: We in "flyover country" do not exist, we still shoot Native Americans who hide behind every tree. ESPN = Extra Special Pi$$y Network. A bunch of talking heads who don't know jack $hit!!!

In fairness to ESPN, two days later gophersports.com the 'official' website still has no result either. Good to see they're right on top of things in the AD department as always. I wonder if Women's rowing's results are up-to-date?

AP Poll

While surfing another board for my other team (VCU - getting two votes!) noticed the Gophers at 16 with "Last Week: No Games Played". Kind of comical at this point.

I e-mailed ESPN and received the same generic response. Both are below, I felt the need to use a bit of sarcasm:

We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Candice
ESPN.com Customer Care

--------------- Original Message ---------------

The University of Minnesota men's basketball team defeated the University of Michigan on Saturday, January 22, 2011. Yet the standings have STILL not updated this win. I know there were only about 150 witnesses at Crisler Arena that evening, and Michigan is a borderline Division 3 basketball team, but I believe the University of Minnesota should still be credited for this win. Thank you.

I e-mailed ESPN and received the same generic response. Both are below, I felt the need to use a bit of sarcasm:

We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Candice
ESPN.com Customer Care

--------------- Original Message ---------------

The University of Minnesota men's basketball team defeated the University of Michigan on Saturday, January 22, 2011. Yet the standings have STILL not updated this win. I know there were only about 150 witnesses at Crisler Arena that evening, and Michigan is a borderline Division 3 basketball team, but I believe the University of Minnesota should still be credited for this win. Thank you.

Press 3 to hear how much we appreciate your bussiness.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom