Tubby shouts out the fans in his BTN interview

EG#9

Reaction score
Most animated I have seen Tubby crediting the Gopher fans who travelled to the game for the win. He was waving both hands in the air at the group and it was a very cool moment. Very cool that the fans all crowded on to a single bus after one broke down.

Good job Barnyard. Great game Gophers.

Huge kudos to the fans that traveled...good for Tubby to recognize them as well!!!

I also loved seeing that from Tubby! I also loved the "good bye" chant at the end of the game! CLASSIC!!!

Tubby also seemed really pissed at the officiating this game.

Good job Barnyard. It must have been great after a tough trip. Sleep well on the way home!

Tubby wasn't the only acknowledgement the barnyard got. The Bigten network coverage got a few shots of them and explained the bus breakdown to start the game.

The 14 hour ride was beyond worth it to do the "goodbye" chant to the Michigan fans, awesome

Controlling the atmosphere in Chrysler Arena will go down as one of best moments for me in college

Controlling the atmosphere in Chrysler Arena will go down as one of best moments for me in college

+1

I was on the trip to Ann Arbor two years ago that did much the same thing. Great time.

Congratulations to the Barnyard road warriors.

Make that CRISLER ARENA. Named after former football coach and AD, not the automobile co.

Very cool for the Barnyard. Great job RS3theBeast, great memory for you! I was wondering how close Tubby was to getting T'ed up during that stretch of calls he didn't agree with? (I think a couple were against Mav) I was listening on the radio and I was even getting pumped up. The announcers were saying that's the most animated in the four years he's been here. I liked hearing that.

Very cool for the Barnyard. Great job RS3theBeast, great memory for you! I was wondering how close Tubby was to getting T'ed up during that stretch of calls he didn't agree with? (I think a couple were against Mav) I was listening on the radio and I was even getting pumped up. The announcers were saying that's the most animated in the four years he's been here. I liked hearing that.

On TV, it looked as you say. I have never seen Tubby as visually intense as he was last night. He knew the improtance of the game, had payback on his mind, and is still competing for a Big Ten title. With Al down, it increased the urgency. I liked it.

Have to admit, the charge on Mav was a good call on the replay. I though the traveling on Rodney in the lane was bad.

On TV, it looked as you say. I have never seen Tubby as visually intense as he was last night. He knew the improtance of the game, had payback on his mind, and is still competing for a Big Ten title. With Al down, it increased the urgency. I liked it.

Have to admit, the charge on Mav was a good call on the replay. I though the traveling on Rodney in the lane was bad.

Shouldn't Mav's shot have counted? Wasn't contact clearly after the shot or is that not how the rule works?

Crisler

Nice work by the Barnyard if they managed to "take over" the arena with just 100 people! You guys must have done some quality chants, etc.

sane1 actually does a pretty nice job of breaking down the game.

Shouldn't Mav's shot have counted? Wasn't contact clearly after the shot or is that not how the rule works?

The ball has to go thru the hoop before the contact. This clearly did not happen.

I thought I heard the annnoucers say that there were two busses with 50 people and when one bus broke down they all got on the other bus for two plus hours. While I could see a bunch of students willing to do this, I'm surprised the bus driver and bus company would risk doing it. Isn't there a limit on the number of passengers? Anyway, it sounds like they deserved to see a win after all that.

Depending on where and when the bus broke down (say, middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin at 2 AM), they may not have had much choice in the matter.

I was on the trip and the other bus broke down around 8 am Saturday morning right after we got into Michigan. They tried to fix it for a good hour, but then we decided to fit all onto one. There were about 50 people standing in the aisle, pretty crammed. Not really sure if it was legal... but we pulled it off.

I was on the trip and the other bus broke down around 8 am Saturday morning right after we got into Michigan. They tried to fix it for a good hour, but then we decided to fit all onto one. There were about 50 people standing in the aisle, pretty crammed. Not really sure if it was legal... but we pulled it off.

Kudos

Keep the customer satisfied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6_0Do0qGQ

I was also on the trip and was one of the unlucky ones to be in the bus that broke down. While standing in the aisle for 2+ hours sucked, the W and owning the Crisler Center made the whole trip worth it.

i was on the trip as well; it is legal, the limit on the bus was 100 people and we had 95....made it by a hair ;)

Top Bottom