Best bigs game of the year

Rosemountian

Reaction score
They combined for their best game of the year. Iverson is playing better with the shorter rotation and he is working on the fumbling problem. Sampson continues to be more assertive. Mbakwe making a case for national 6th man of the decade. I like it.

They combined for their best game of the year. Iverson is playing better with the shorter rotation and he is working on the fumbling problem. Sampson continues to be more assertive. Mbakwe making a case for national 6th man of the decade. I like it.

Do you suppose they all looked good tonight due to Michigan having not one big that can play?

Granted, our bigs played well; however, UM is terrible.

Iverson had one of those nights where I am glad I watched the game alone. He definitely had some issues handling the ball and also inexplicably left a shoooter wide open for a 3. However, the expletives really started flying when Colton gave that kid from Michigan a gift "and one" on a dunk for absolutely no reason at all. I loved a couple of the moves Colton made in the post, but I just wish we'd see it a little more often.

Man...barnburner...take a bottle of "happy" pills along with 13 shots of Tequila and go to bed. Our bigs did exactly what they should do against a team like MI...dominate. Did you even look at the rebounding totals? Go root for the Celtics...

Iverson played a nice game IMO. Yeah, he fumbled a few plays but he had a number of nice offense buckets and grabed a few boards.

Couple of "bads" on Colton, also couple of low passes to him - "bad" on passer. I thought he did better after going out and then coming back in. Gave him time to settle down. As a group they did what they needed to do - especially 2nd half.

Iverson frustrated me a few times but made up for it with his solid performance, Ralph had a good all around game. Mbakwe showed he can hit a few jump shots early in the game, which definetly surprised me. Should be interesting to see how they big men play against Northwestern, they should dominate against the smaller NW team.

As EG#9 mentioned, there were a couple of "What are you doing?!" type moments with Colton, especially with the lazy foul on the dunk. But offensively, he looked really good. He still needs to work on his ball handling when it comes to catching entry passes and putting the ball on the floor, but his footwork looked good tonight. When it comes down to it, 9 points and 9 rebounds is a solid performance.

Otherwise, Sampson quietly scored 13 and Mbakwe was once again just a flat-out beast. Definitely a good night for the bigs.

Man...barnburner...take a bottle of "happy" pills along with 13 shots of Tequila and go to bed. Our bigs did exactly what they should do against a team like MI...dominate. Did you even look at the rebounding totals? Go root for the Celtics...

Yes - I did. That is the point.

To be outrebounded by that margin, at home no less, is indicative of a poor team. Some think 1-6 and 11-9 is the record of a good team. :(

And yes, our bigs did what they should have done.
Are you telling me this is what your expect, against all opponents?

I do. Most dont.

Yes - I did. That is the point.

To be outrebounded by that margin, at home no less, is indicative of a poor team. Some think 1-6 and 11-9 is the record of a good team. :(

And yes, our bigs did what they should have done.
Are you telling me this is what your expect, against all opponents?

I do. Most dont.

I feel bad for you. You dismiss the great performances of the players/team you supposedly root for and justify it by basically saying it means nothing because it was against a poor team on the road - a team that took Kansas to OT on the road - and it doesn't meet "your expectations" for this team? Don't hide behind this "holier than thou" charade thinking you're the only fan that has high expectations for this team. You just have trouble giving credit where credit is due. Your life must be just completely saturated with disappointment...

I feel bad for you. You dismiss the great performances of the players/team you supposedly root for and justify it by basically saying it means nothing because it was against a poor team on the road - a team that took Kansas to OT on the road - and it doesn't meet "your expectations" for this team? Don't hide behind this "holier than thou" charade thinking you're the only fan that has high expectations for this team. You just have trouble giving credit where credit is due. Your life must be just completely saturated with disappointment...

Wait a minute there Slim - why the nastiness?

Supposedly root for? Two decades of buying tickets etc and attending games is supposedly? Get off YOUR high horse.

The fact is, and most gh'ers dont like it, is that the expectations for tubby and co are and have been low. Your post proves it yet again due to the pissy attitude toward anyone expecting wins.

This is year 4. At what point should MN expect to go to Ann Arbor and beat a Wolverines team that is now 1-6, 11-9?

Mn has a hall of fame college coach that is compensated very highly, and a staff of assitants that are in the same boat.

When do YOU expect great things from the team you SUPPOSEDLY support?

BTW - a win is a win at the end, so dismissing a win is ridiculous.

Colton was 4 of 5, on a day when he is making that baby hook sure would like to see him get 10 shots up. Nice games from Ralph and Trevor too.

Wait a minute there Slim - why the nastiness?

Supposedly root for? Two decades of buying tickets etc and attending games is supposedly? Get off YOUR high horse.

The fact is, and most gh'ers dont like it, is that the expectations for tubby and co are and have been low. Your post proves it yet again due to the pissy attitude toward anyone expecting wins.

This is year 4. At what point should MN expect to go to Ann Arbor and beat a Wolverines team that is now 1-6, 11-9?

Mn has a hall of fame college coach that is compensated very highly, and a staff of assitants that are in the same boat.

When do YOU expect great things from the team you SUPPOSEDLY support?

BTW - a win is a win at the end, so dismissing a win is ridiculous.

Not intentionally trying to be nasty or personal. We overcame a tough injury on the road and pulled out a needed - and expected - victory over an inferior team. The bigs dominated and deserve praise. I even praise my dog for going outside to piddle even though it's expected. You just can't have it both ways and bash the team and Tubby when they fail and then dismiss their feats as "expected" when they succeed.

Not intentionally trying to be nasty or personal. We overcame a tough injury on the road and pulled out a needed - and expected - victory over an inferior team. The bigs dominated and deserve praise. I even praise my dog for going outside to piddle even though it's expected. You just can't have it both ways and bash the team and Tubby when they fail and then dismiss their feats as "expected" when they succeed.

Injury - yes, but other teams have those as well.

I dont have it both ways - I said from the start this team should be expected to be in the top 3 in the conf and win at least 2 games in the NCAA.

You cant have it both ways either Slim - praise the team for wins against poor competition and then make excuses when things dont go well.

BTW - when is it you think tubby and co should be competing for conf champs and ncaa titles?

I dont have it both ways - I said from the start this team should be expected to be in the top 3 in the conf and win at least 2 games in the NCAA.

You cant have it both ways either Slim - praise the team for wins against poor competition and then make excuses when things dont go well.

BTW - when is it you think tubby and co should be competing for conf champs and ncaa titles?

dboy?

You find plenty of posts by me critizing the team and the coaches so your proverbial "can't have your cake" argument doesn't fly with me. I expected Tubby to compete for Big 10 Titles after 3 recruiting classes so he's on the clock. Funny thing, though...I never had those hopes when Monson was here. He couldn't even smell Tubby's jock (let alone carry it) as a B-Ball coach.

You find plenty of posts by me critizing the team and the coaches so your proverbial "can't have your cake" argument doesn't fly with me. I expected Tubby to compete for Big 10 Titles after 3 recruiting classes so he's on the clock. Funny thing, though...I never had those hopes when Monson was here. He couldn't even smell Tubby's jock (let alone carry it) as a B-Ball coach.

On the clock? What does that mean, specifically?

Funny thing is whenever discussion of our current coach happens, the previous coach is mentioned in a derogatory tone. Sounds like some fans are very, very touchy with the current coach and his performance and cant get by Monson. Why? Why even mention Monson?

One other funny thing - Tubby has one exactly won the same amount of conf titles and ncaa games as the previous coach.

Only funny if you are content losing and/or rationalize the expectations of the BB team led by Tubby.

On the clock? What does that mean, specifically?

Funny thing is whenever discussion of our current coach happens, the previous coach is mentioned in a derogatory tone. Sounds like some fans are very, very touchy with the current coach and his performance and cant get by Monson. Why? Why even mention Monson?

One other funny thing - Tubby has one exactly won the same amount of conf titles and ncaa games as the previous coach.

Only funny if you are content losing and/or rationalize the expectations of the BB team led by Tubby.

Good point, this program is definitely in the same state it was in with Monson at the helm. I agree with your rational, expertly thought out analysis of the situation. Kudos and keep up the good work.

Good point, this program is definitely in the same state it was in with Monson at the helm. I agree with your rational, expertly thought out analysis of the situation. Kudos and keep up the good work.

Where have I said that the program is the same as it was with Monson at the helm? Prove it fyguy.

Otherwise, be objective.

Unless you were referring to someone other than Monson?

Unless you were referring to someone other than Monson?

No, I was referring to Monson.

Is my math incorrect or has Tubby won the same # of ncaa tourny games and conf titles as the previous coach?

Probably doesn't even merit a response, but...

No, I was referring to Monson.

Is my math incorrect or has Tubby won the same # of ncaa tourny games and conf titles as the previous coach?

And just how many 20 win seasons did Monson have? And how many back to back NCAA tournaments did his team play in? How many conference championship games did Monson teams play in? Let's have a few relevant facts, please, before we jump to unwarranted conclusions.

And just how many 20 win seasons did Monson have? And how many back to back NCAA tournaments did his team play in? How many conference championship games did Monson teams play in? Let's have a few relevant facts, please, before we jump to unwarranted conclusions.

1 I think

Now, how about answering my question?

Top Bottom