Sporting News on D Joseph

whogoofed

Reaction score
Couple weeks old but thought this might be interesting to some.

Devoe Joseph. After leading Minnesota to the Big Ten final last season, Joseph seemed set to fill the team’s point guard need. Then he was suspended for the first six games of the season—not an ideal point guard move. Now he plans to transfer midway through his junior year—meaning he’s got little more than a half-season of eligibility left. There’s a place in the game for that sort of player: Luxembourg.

I wonder how long it'll take to make Devoe realize he's the architect of his own career destruction? Maybe he already has, though I doubt it with the amount of yes-men (including his family) that apparently surrounds him.

Can we please talk about Cory Joseph's Pot-Smoking Brother as little as possible? Thanks in advance!

Devoe Joseph. After leading Minnesota to the Big Ten final last season, Joseph seemed set to fill the team’s point guard need. Then he was suspended for the first six games of the season—not an ideal point guard move. Now he plans to transfer midway through his junior year—meaning he’s got little more than a half-season of eligibility left. There’s a place in the game for that sort of player: Luxembourg.

I made a bunch of mistakes in my youth. I learned from them. I have had a lot of successes in my life. I have learned from both. Devoe is not a bad kid. I hope he learns from his mistakes half as much as I have learned from mine.

He really did do a great job for us in The Big Ten last year.

He has 1.5 years left. The spring semester of his junior year and his entire senior season.

However, after college his most likely destination is Europe so the author had the spirit of the article right.

He has 1.5 years left. The spring semester of his junior year and his entire senior season.

However, after college his most likely destination is Europe so the author had the spirit of the article right.

Question. Since Devoe was a junior this year with a year a half left, by your reasoning he would have just as much playing time left as he would have had if he had never left. Can that be right? I would think he will have to sit out a year of that year and a half.

Nope. His Jr year at Minnesota counts as the entire year. He only has 1 year left.

He can play either second semester (2012) or all of the following season (2012-13).

Question. Since Devoe was a junior this year with a year a half left, by your reasoning he would have just as much playing time left as he would have had if he had never left. Can that be right? I would think he will have to sit out a year of that year and a half.

He must sat out 1 year. He can play 1 more year (2nd semester next year or all of the following year).

There's no such thing as a half year of eligibilty. Once you play in a game you use the whole year of eligibility. So Devoe is looking at playing his senior year for Oregon. He's eligible to play his senior year after the fall semester next year.

Edit: FOT beat me to it.

Nope. His Jr year at Minnesota counts as the entire year. He only has 1 year left.

He can play either second semester (2012) or all of the following season (2012-13).

And he said that he chose Oregon because of the quarter system so that he could start playing in Dec. He's only got 2/3rds of a season left by choice.

And he said that he chose Oregon because of the quarter system so that he could start playing in Dec. He's only got 2/3rds of a season left by choice.

Let's hope that Oregon will give him the opportunity to achieve his "indiviudal goals" in that 2/3rds of a season. Good luck Devoe, I think you'll need it.

Thanks, I was one of those thinking he would have 1 1/2 years left. Wow, that really is stupid:eek:

I don't think he will get much 'playing time' while he sits out for a year.:rolleyes:

Edit: Seems to me he might be better off red-shirting all of next year and playing a full sr season.

Who gives a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about Devoe. He did NOT give a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about his teammates in Gopher BB. Let him go. I finally let my ex-wife have everything and said goodbye. And life is better.

Go Gophers!!!

per Tubby's BTN show a week ago when asked about Devoe, the clear indication was academic inelligibility, I guesss OR is an easier school (and it is).

Top Bottom