SelectionSunday's College Hoops Buzz Clips -- Bubble Time on the Horizon‏

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We're 11 days from February, and that can only mean one thing for college basketball fans. ... "bubble time" is just around the corner. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing for your favorite team depends on your perspective. Gopher fans, I'm guessing, would welcome a nice, simple, sweat-free Selection Sunday after close shaves in 2008-09 and 2009-10 that resulted in #10 and #11 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1293

Selection Sunday...love the rumblings at the end of your columns...I'd love for you to comment on one of the craziest streaks in sports if possible in your next entry. That would be Clemson never having won in Chapel Hill against UNC. 55 games. 55 losses. The last coming earlier this week.

I understand UNC is an historically elite program but Clemson has had some good, competitive teams over the year while UNC has had a handful of down years, especially over the past 15 years. I certainly wouldn't expect Clemson to have close to a .500 record in Chapel Hill but never beating UNC on the road? Ever? Seriously? 55 games? It's one strange streak that I would love if you could put into perspective.

Is Butler deserving of an at-large bid? I know their RPI is pretty decent, but they don't really have a signature win...

Top Bottom