3. Izzone, Michigan State
4. Orange Krush, Illinois
5. Kansas
6. Dawg Pack, Washington
7. The Zoo, Pittsburgh
8. Kennel, Gonzaga
9. North Carolina
10. New Mexico

Also receiving votes: Barnyard (Minnesota), Grateful Red (Wisconsin), Indiana students, Nittany Nation (Penn State)

Nice to see the Barnyard moving out of the wilderness and into the "Also recceiving votes" category.

Why is North Carolina still on this list, and where is the Paint Crew? The Grateful Red is WAY down, and I could understand arguments for the Pit in New Mexico.

If we win a Big Ten title in the near future, I think we will climb the rankings rather fast. However, I don't find hypothetical rankings of things like student sections is all that important. If the students come, are loud and intimidating the whole game and make the barn a tough place to play, then they've done their job. Nice to get some recognition though.

Penn State got votes? Just lost all credibility.

Does anybody remember what the Big 10 student sections used to be called 10, 20, 30 years ago? What was before the Izzone?

Seriously? Penn St.? May as well throw in Northwestern's intimidating Magic the Gathering Zone.

eRUPPtion Zone? This was really the best thing that came out of brainstorming ideas for a student section name? I guess that's what a Kentucky education gets you, in addition to the obvious inability to accept reality in evaluating your basketball program.

eRUPPtion Zone? This was really the best thing that came out of brainstorming ideas for a student section name? I guess that's what a Kentucky education gets you, in addition to the obvious inability to accept reality in evaluating your basketball program.

The University of Kentucky exists simply as an excuse to have a college basketball program.

eRUPPtion Zone is also the name of a popular selling adult entertainment DVD series.

(not really, actually I don't know, but I bet 50% of you googled it)

Way to Go Barnyard!

Ranking the student sections is like ranking the bands. They can only go by reputation. If you have a winning program you are gonna get crazy wild students. The longer you have been good the longer you have to work on your reputation. That the Barnyard got any votes at all is a tribute to our students considering how long the program was down.

If you look at he list, about the only team that isn't perennially in the top 25 is New Mexico and the "Pit" there has a similar old time rep to our "Barn".

The Barnyard should be very proud to be mentioned along with these traditional basketball power schools.

Then again...Penn State? I don't get that.

Top Bottom