Northwestern and Wisconsin Game Times Announced

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The Big Ten Conference announced today that the Minnesota Gophers will take on the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday, February 22 at 6pm on the Big Ten Network. The conference also announced that the Gophers will take on the Wisconsin Badgers on Wednesday, March 4 at 7:30pm on the Big Ten Network. Tickets still remain for both games, call 1-800-UGOPHER or log onto gophersports.com to purchase your tickets today!

Gophers vs. Northwestern
Sunday, February 22 @ 6pm
Big Ten Network

Gophers vs. Wisconsin
Wednesday, March 4 @ 7:30pm
Big Ten Network

Go Gophers!!

Can't wait to see which side complains about the Wisconsin game time - is it too early or too late??

For me personally, 7:30 is pretty much the perfect time for a weeknight game.

I'll complain. That is the one night I have a conflict with. Can't go. What really pisses me off is The Tuesday night ESPN game that week involves Indi-f'n-ana. Looking ahead, they have 2-3 more ESPN games this year, plus at least one CBS game. Are you f'n kidding me? You'd think with Tubby Smith, we could some bigger games, especially over the worst team in the Big Ten. Every team in the Big Ten should be pissed about their exposure. It's an absolute joke.

I'll complain. That is the one night I have a conflict with. Can't go. What really pisses me off is The Tuesday night ESPN game that week involves Indi-f'n-ana. Looking ahead, they have 2-3 more ESPN games this year, plus at least one CBS game. Are you f'n kidding me? You'd think with Tubby Smith, we could some bigger games, especially over the worst team in the Big Ten. Every team in the Big Ten should be pissed about their exposure. It's an absolute joke.

Indiana's a car wreck, and the rubberneckers want to watch.

Kind of negative, and profane to boot.

I'll complain. That is the one night I have a conflict with. Can't go.

Tickets you need to get rid of ?

Sorry to be the opportunist.

Here's a problem I have with it...I can't go to the game now, as I have two hockey section finals to broadcast. But there is a bigger problem here.

The two games I'm broadcasting are right next door, at Mariucci Arena. Last year, during these same two section finals, they had more than 12,000 between the two games. The games are at 6:00 and 8:00 pm. Therefore, on the basic thought that it will be Edina vs. Bloomington Jefferson in one game, and Eden Prairie vs. Benilde-St. Margaret's in the other, there will probably be very good crowds again.

If we base it on the 12,000 mark again, there will be darn close to 30,000 people converging on Oak Street and University Avenue, all at the same time. Looks like a great test for the new football stadium next year, I guess, but had they had the game on Tuesday rather than Wednesday, they could have avoided what I can guarantee is going to be a real mess, particularly for Gopher basketball fans.

Happy Days?

Didn't we once have a long-running thread where everyone vented about the Mich. St. New Year's game time? Ahhhh, now THAT was a good thread.

Now this thread, it just doesn't feel the same. It feels like we are trying to want it, but our heart just isn't in it.

It's like going to that new restaurant near the freeway when you know deep down you can't erase the memory of THE REUBEN from that closed-down dive in our old neighborhood. Or maybe it's like buying a new, underpowered amplifier for your sound system when all you can think of is the one you had from the 60's that made your ears bleed at half power. Or maybe it's like clipping coupons from the Sunday paper reading the fine print that says "NO DOUBLE COUPONS" and thinking back to the days when it was ALL DOUBLE COUPONS ALL THE TIME.

Those were the days, weren't they?

Good post shikenjanski...except for the new underpowered amp analogy ... you lost me there, in reality, folks just need to stop buying junk at low end retailers....There are much better amps out today than 30-40 years ago, although some vintage amps sound mighty fine compared to the junk referred to above!

Section Hockey

Section hockey is now on Thursday, so there is no conflict there.

Looks like a great test for the new football stadium next year, I guess, but had they had the game on Tuesday rather than Wednesday, they could have avoided what I can guarantee is going to be a real mess, particularly for Gopher basketball fans.

They also could have avoided another Indiana game on ESPN.

"Someone" sounds like Sid. He basically maintains that if he were in charge of scheduling for all the sporting events in the Twin Towns that their would be no problems and/or conflicts!!

?????

Top Bottom