Big 10 bracket notes courtesy of CollegeRPI.com

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Plucked out the notes Jerry Palm has this week regarding potential Big 10 at-large teams. Focus is on Northwestern, Penn State and Wisconsin.

Holy Man, this kind of addresses the question you had yesterday about Penn State.

Northwestern
"You may have noticed a very unusual name in the "Close but NIT list." Northwestern is actually on my board. I can't remember the last time that happened. They still have some work to do to make the tournament in March, but if they can defend their home court and steal another game or two on the road, it's not out of the question that the Wildcats could make their first ever NCAA tournament appearance."

Penn State
"If the Nittany Lions actually get to the point that the committee considers them, they will be an interesting case. They have by far the worst non-conference schedule the committee will see. They have to make some serious noise in the league to overcome that."

Wisconsin
"Several teams seem to have a case of the mid-season blahs. I suppose if you are going to, this is the time of year to do it, when there is still time to recover. Wisconsin has lost six games in a row. It's been kind of like what happened to their football team this year. Things were going along great, then all of a sudden, they can't seem to get anything right. Also, like with the football team, things started to go bad when they blew a big lead in a game they should have won. The Badgers gave up a late, double-digit lead against Minnesota and haven't been able to finish a game right since."

I really like the last sentence in that post, SS.

I thought the exact same thing when I read it. Badgers haven't been the same since blowing that lead. Gophers need to hammer their point home by completing the sweep at Williams Arena.

I'm used to seeing the Gophers suffer a heartbreaking loss, then not be able to bounce back for several weeks, if ever. This happens almost annually in football, but it's nice to be on the other side of the equation for a change, and even better to do it to Becky.

I agree with SS on the following comment he/she made:

The Badgers gave up a late, double-digit lead against Minnesota and haven't been able to finish a game right since."

I think, IMO as old and decrepit as I am, that the Gopher win at Bo's Palace caused the downward spiral for Wiskey, from which they have not recovered as of yet.

And that is all I have to say for now. Have a good day, and GO GOPHERS!!!

Attribution should be to Jerry Palm, not me. I agree with him as well.

Top Bottom