Pomeroy rankings

khoffman43

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Pomeroy rankings are figured for individuals or teams? For instance, Nate Wolters is ranked #3 in the nation for Offensive Rating. I am sure its a combination of points, steals, rebounds, assist, turnovers, etc. but I'd like to know the actual equation for this and his other rankings.

I might be missing the page where this is explained, or it might not exist. Any help would be great.

It's Nate Wolter's mom back again, or so I was called. I was called this for suggesting Nate is better than Al Nolen. Well, the season is about over and Nate will be all-conference and probably 2nd in the Summit Conference for player of the year. Of course it is just the Summit Conference right? No good players. Well, the conference player of the year will probably Keith Benson. Some have him as a lottery pick in the NBA draft this year.

Wolters is better than Nolen in every aspect of pg play except defense. He is shooting a terrific percenatge from the field and from 3 pt. He is averaging over 6 assists per game and almost 20 pts per game. He is ranked 3rd in Pomeroy rankings with some of the best players in college basketball. His A/TO ratio is excellent. Yes, Wolters plays against easier competition. That is not his fault. For him to be in the company of the top offensive players in the country as a sophomore is outstanding.

I don't knock Tubby for not signing Wolters. Nate was under the radar. However, he has blossomed into quite the player.

Some have him as a lottery pick in the NBA draft this year.

Who does? Someone who thinks the draft is restricted to non-BCS schools, with no foreign entrants allowed?

Who does? Someone who thinks the draft is restricted to non-BCS schools, with no foreign entrants allowed?

Oakland will most likely be in the tourney. Benson is the 2nd or 3rd best center in the draft. The possibility is there.

The real point of the post was Wolters which you entirely ignored.

The possibility is there.

No, it isn't.

The real point of the post was Wolters which you entirely ignored.

I don't know anything about Wolters, so I can't comment. All I know is that Benson won't be drafted anywhere near the lottery. He'll be extremely lucky to even be drafted in the 1st round.

It's Nate Wolter's mom back again, or so I was called. I was called this for suggesting Nate is better than Al Nolen. Well, the season is about over and Nate will be all-conference and probably 2nd in the Summit Conference for player of the year. Of course it is just the Summit Conference right? No good players. Well, the conference player of the year will probably Keith Benson. Some have him as a lottery pick in the NBA draft this year.

Wolters is better than Nolen in every aspect of pg play except defense. He is shooting a terrific percenatge from the field and from 3 pt. He is averaging over 6 assists per game and almost 20 pts per game. He is ranked 3rd in Pomeroy rankings with some of the best players in college basketball. His A/TO ratio is excellent. Yes, Wolters plays against easier competition. That is not his fault. For him to be in the company of the top offensive players in the country as a sophomore is outstanding.

I don't knock Tubby for not signing Wolters. Nate was under the radar. However, he has blossomed into quite the player.

So what........Not sure what the St. Cloud Tech contingent will complain about when their guys are finally out of school. Wolters was very good in HS. He is the best player on a marginal team in college and that was always the concern, could he be a good player on a great team? I'd still take Nolen over your guy simply because he can defend. I personally don't need to have my PG be a great shooter etc. I'm more of the mindset of pass, defend, shoot. That's not your guy. But I look forward to the next rankings........

Let me get into this (albeit late) and say that I did graduate from St. Cloud Tech and I think Wolters is fun to watch.

No one from the Summit league is a lottery talent. I think he is a great player in the Summit League and could help the Gophers. My only point about bringing him up is that I was surprised to see him so high in Pomeroy's rankings when the other guys were Kemba Walker and players of that ilk. (First time I've ever used the word ilk...woo hoo!) I wasn't sure how the rankings worked and it was explained.

As for Wolters being a better PG than Nolen...I say doubtful. I like his game better than Al's because he is more versatile but Al is a great defender, terrific ball handler and as we have seen he makes the Gophers go.

Top Bottom