BTN Camera Angles

North Country

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the camera angles the BTN uses for multiple possessions in a row absolutely brutal? I find myself yelling at the TV more because of the awful production quality more than bad officiating/bad play combined. Seriously, the camera from the corner of the lower bowl is an absolute killer. You see maybe half the play. I like a lot of what the BTN does but I'm completely baffled as to why they feel it necessary to move away from the classic half court camera.

I was yelling at the same thing with that lower corner angle. It's an ok angle for replays and maybe one possession, but it was brutal to see a play develop.

Camera

I agree it is nasueating... Just show the game everyon tries to be creative and innovative just show the game..

I have the same complaint for football. They show a shot from behind the kicker when they kick a field goal and at times its hard to find the ball with the crowd.

amen, the coverage at times the worst I have seen and I have been watching for over 60 years

I agree it is nasueating... Just show the game everyon tries to be creative and innovative just show the game..
I have the same complaint for football. They show a shot from behind the kicker when they kick a field goal and at times its hard to find the ball with the crowd.

Fresh Trout and I have been bitching about this for years(not that anyone pays attention to us). It has gotten better in some ways, as they spend less time showing the view of single player or coach after a made shot, thereby missing live action. But some of those camera angles. Why show us a view from the cheap seats.

All live action should be from the mid court camera. The 3 way split screen from Purdue game(?) was the worst. I'm still trying to clean the vomit from my bib.

There is nothing worse than the apparent rule that you have to go to the camera under the hoop anytime there is a fast break. I absolutely hate that angle; you can't see anything, and I don't know what is supposed to be so great about it. But every network does it all the time. Is it supposed to be in your face or something? It does nothing for me but make me feel like I missed what actually happened. You miss fouls, and the angle is far worse for spectacular dunks.

I HATE IT!

/rant

Fresh Trout and I have been bitching about this for years(not that anyone pays attention to us). It has gotten better in some ways, as they spend less time showing the view of single player or coach after a made shot, thereby missing live action.

That is another problem.

There is nothing worse than the apparent rule that you have to go to the camera under the hoop anytime there is a fast break. I absolutely hate that angle; you can't see anything, and I don't know what is supposed to be so great about it. But every network does it all the time. Is it supposed to be in your face or something? It does nothing for me but make me feel like I missed what actually happened. You miss fouls, and the angle is far worse for spectacular dunks.

I HATE IT!

/rant

I think it's kind of like the rule that if you build a Kmart or Walmart you have to have the worst speaker system ever invented.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that lower deck corner shot has to go. I was saying the SAME THING as they kept going back to it for long stretches of time last night. I could understand showing that view for a replay, or even a possession or two of live action. That would be by far the max I would want to see it. Every time they went to that view, I immediately got impatient and started an internal count down to getting back to the 'normal' view. Why did I have to do that?

Yelling at tv during those camera angle times checking in.

Ok, I’ll take the counterpoint on this.

I noticed and was struck by that low corner shot as well. While I wouldn’t want to watch an entire game from that angle – or even a really important series, I enjoyed it as much as they used it. To me it had sort of a “coach’s-eye view” feel to it. Also there were glimpses of the player’s view of the passing lanes, and at times, it gave a better sense of the ball velocity on passes.

Like I said, I’m not suggesting it as the way to show most of the game, but I thought the BT Network did OK with it.

Top Bottom