Any concern about Mo?

GoGoGophers

Banned
Reaction score
Unless I missed him (with his size I'm not sure that's possible) he hasn't been at the last 2 home games. He did make the trip to OSU, but has been noticeably absent at the Barn.

Any info?

I'm guessing he is at home since school hasn't started yet and he's not practicing.

Don't classes start today (EDIT: I guess it's tomorrow due to MLK Day)? Shouldn't he be back (if that's the reason)?

Just saying that it seems odd he attended all of the other home games over break, plus made the trips to Madison, EL, and Columbus and is now missing games the day before classes start.

I really like his game and hope that he is a 4 year Gopher.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid after the last 2 seasons of drama and have started to expect bad news.

I'm not a doctor, but considering his size and the nature of his injury, I'm guessing they're just trying to keep him off his feet during the first few weeks after surgery.

Not too concerned about Mo leaving. Most players don't transfer, and I don't really see good reasons for him to transfer. Not that players don't transfer for bad reasons (or reasons we don't know), but usually it has to do with playing time. I think Tubby has made it pretty clear that he's a big fan of his game.

I'm not a doctor, but considering his size and the nature of his injury, I'm guessing they're just trying to keep him off his feet during the first few weeks after surgery.

That makes sense, as Marcus tweeted this:
He had surgery earlier in the week. Tubby said he had surgery on Tuesday and everything went well.

We were a little worried too- since he was close with Devoe, wasn't sure if Devoe took Mo with him!

Unless I missed him (with his size I'm not sure that's possible) he hasn't been at the last 2 home games. He did make the trip to OSU, but has been noticeably absent at the Barn.

Any info?

I was thinking the same thing. I looked over to the bench about 100 times worrying he dumped us.

Good thread, nice to know Mo is still a Gopher.

My main concern is that he can get into playing shape. Injuries are hard on all athletes but that size of a man is going to put more stress on his body and also has the potential to gain quite a bit of weight before he can be active. At least he has a long time to heal and get ready for next season.

Good thread, nice to know Mo is still a Gopher.

My main concern is that he can get into playing shape. Injuries are hard on all athletes but that size of a man is going to put more stress on his body and also has the potential to gain quite a bit of weight before he can be active. At least he has a long time to heal and get ready for next season.

It is going to be tough for him. He basically won't be able to do much until spring. It is going to be hard to get in shape by the start of the season, especially wih his size. I don't expect much until next January.

I don't expect much until next January.

I don't know why you wouldn't expect much until January. If all goes well an athlete can be back playing after an ACL injury is 6 months. I know Mo didn't tear his ACL but I think his recovery time is shorter. Even if it is 6 months and he had surgery in early January that puts us in early July, leaving 3 months of basketball to get in shape. Plus during rehab he will gain strength, endurance and hopefully lose some weight. Plus he has trainers, a coach and teammates to push him where as the average person has very little motivation to work as hard as possible in rehab.

My only concern is that he has a set back and never gets down to a reasonable playing weight and not have continued swelling/soreness in the knee.

He had surgery last week, he has something like 6 months of rehab. For a guy his size a serious knee injury is a big deal.

No it was not the ACL, but it is still a big deal with 6 months or more of rehab.

He should be rehabbing almost immediately and in the pool within a couple of weeks...he wont be running full speed for a while...but he should be able to be working on his body and weight through this...more about diet than the injury.

Top Bottom