Marcus Fuller blog: Smaller rotation might be the way to go in the Big Ten

I agree that a smaller rotation is probably the way to go. That said, there was no excuse to not blow out Iowa and get some of our key players some rest and give some of the freshman some experience.

The only problem I see with a short rotation is that it forces the Gophers to play a more methodical style. If they were effective running any type of half court offense, this wouldn't be a problem.

I'd guess the 4 Gopher substitutes (Iverson, Hollins, Armelin, Ahanmisi) will split about 40 minutes.

The 5 starters (Mbakwe included) will play 160 minutes.

When you only have 9 players, it's easier to have a shorter rotation.

And 3 of the non starters being freshmen.

I sure hope Tubby is learning a lot from Marcus.:rolleyes:

And 3 of the non starters being freshmen.

I sure hope Tubby is learning a lot from Marcus.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought his column was very condescending. As if Marcus Fuller has the first clue about coaching strategy in the Big 10.

Blowing out teams doesn't necessarily matter. Were you ever really that concerned that we would lose to Iowa? Ohio State isn't exactly blowing out BT teams and they seem to be doing fine.

I agree that a smaller rotation is probably the way to go. That said, there was no excuse to not blow out Iowa and get some of our key players some rest and give some of the freshman some experience.

The only problem I see with a short rotation is that it forces the Gophers to play a more methodical style. If they were effective running any type of half court offense, this wouldn't be a problem.

Blowing out teams doesn't necessarily matter. Were you ever really that concerned that we would lose to Iowa? Ohio State isn't exactly blowing out BT teams and they seem to be doing fine.

It matters when you have a very lilmited number of players you trust and have guys like Hollins and Armelin who have the potential to earn that trust, but need more experience. I certainly expected a blowout at home over Iowa and yes I was concerned when the game was in striking distance late as fluke things can and do happen (excruciatingly often to the Gophers and their fans).

Top Bottom