A modest proposal (or two)

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
How about we have official and permanent threads with headings like:

• Whither goest Tubby? We can put all rumors, anti-rumors and arguments pro and con whether he might leave for another school here. Folks who don't want to be bothered by the topic will will be able to jump right over it and there will be a place for folks who want to talk about this vacancy or that one and whether Tubby will retire here or not, etc.
  • How about those ------? This will actually be several threads. We can have one for all things Kentucky and whether Billy is a bumpkin, the KY fans are/are not tools and/or racist, etc. Another for the Sioux of NDSU, aka The State without Trees. Another for my Drake bulldogs.
  • Why don't the old folks stand/cheer/get it? This one will be apart from the other thread, Why don't the students grow up?
  • Local reporters & columnists we love to hate! Mock Myron, pick on Pat, scream about Sid, wail about Walters right here.
I'm sure there are other topics that might be suggested.

But the beauty of this proposal is its ability to permit efficiency and speed. For example, when you want to simply write what you wrote 2 weeks ago, or last month, or two months ago or even last season, you won't have to search far: just check within the thread. If you want to avoid reading a certain subject, you can jump right past the thread.

Gosh, this is so incredibly great and tremendous, I shoulda put a copyright on it and charged a royalty. But being the altruistic G'holer that I am, I permit G'hole all rights and unfettered access to the concept. ;)

I like it. A few more...

• The Tubby Can't Take My Barn Away thread, where we perpetually assume that Tubby's evil plan is to get a new building.
  • The Remember When The Barn Was REEEALY Loud? thread, where people long for the good old days.
and...

• The Gotcha There! thread, where a few choice folks on the forum can simply go in there to 1-up anything that anyone has said, regardless of what they have said, just for the sake of doing it. This one would be my personal favorite.

I got the GOTCHA on this one ..

Bison for NDSU. Sioux for UND. :D
No, blizz, it was intentional. Part of my long-standing sign of contempt for LakesBison. Besides, you can't really tell either school apart other than the really tree-less campus has fans who march in goose-step to their hockey arena. :rolleyes:

FTB is right....This would solve several issues, such as hunger, over population and clothing shortages.

ATTF,

A few others:

• Don't raise the roof, just the floor - complete with running arguments of whether it's a throwback and nobody has been injured on/by/because of it ... or at least, nobody has died or been paralyzed due to the floor.
  • Bob Knight should/should not return to coaching - or chair-throwing.
  • Tubby - got out-coached or did out-coach? - fill in the opposing coach's name
  • I said it first ------- is great (or sucks) - fill in the Gopher of your choice
  • Hey all you ------- haters/lovers -- what do you say now? - again, fill in the Gopher of your choice
  • Where will our needed 24th schollie come from? - but I'd require all discussion of whether we can have an academic schollie be placed here. Plus all red-shirt and gray-shirt discussions.
Once nice thing: I don't think we need a permanent thread on Why we'll never be able to recruit a top 50 high schooler (or, "Level Playing Field??") That kind of talk seems diminished substantially.

How could you forget the "Predict the Score" thread?
heck, next year I'm gonna have many new competitions including an over-under line for how many times someone mentions Former-Coach-Who-Shall-Not-be-Named and the cumulative score of that time-out event where some lackluster fan tries to shoot free-throws to win State Lottery tickets.

And maybe a spelling bee for G'holers to see who can correctly spell Gopher player names. (It's N-o-l-E-n, folks!! And Hoffarber. Plus Mbakwe oughta be a real challenge. And folks will need to remember it's Royce White and Rodney Williams rather than Royce Williams and Rodney White. Lots of fun to be had!)

While we're at it

Can't we just have a list of prepared/favorite responses that we can simply click on? Think of the time it would save.

But on the bright side -

Plus Mbakwe oughta be a real challenge.

There should a highlight reel of Sid trying to pronouce it !

Bakway. Backway. Baakee. Bockwah. Mbakwoo ..

Go ahead. Set up any number of permanent threads. I can deftly turn any of them into Monson threads.

Forgot the Most Important Threads of All

Ban them from the Board and the always popular Wasn't he banned from the Board threads

Thanks for the laugh and welcome back Snowman. Think I caught your virus, from the computer no less. :eek:

How about the weekly "posting the new weekly rankings before they're actually released" thread??

How about this for a new thread:

Everyone give Dr.Don the raspberries!!!!

Been thru lots in my life, gang, I can take it, Gopher fans!!!!

a few others

• Dr. Don's responses to his own posts
  • Old people STAND UP!
  • Official "Why can't the student section synchronize their cheers?" Thread
  • TubbytownUSA vs From the Barn

Blizz -->

But on the bright side -

There should a highlight reel of Sid trying to pronouce it !

Bakway. Backway. Baakee. Bockwah. Mbakwoo ..

Better yet, Sid saying "Hoffarber and Mbakwe" in one sentence!

Ban them from the Board and the always popular Wasn't he banned from the Board threads

Thanks for the laugh and welcome back Snowman. Think I caught your virus, from the computer no less. :eek:

Don't forget "Discussion of the uselessness of topics we agree aren't worth discussing."

Another could be the standard "you don't know anything, you're from (fill in choice of IOWA WISCONSIN ILLINOIS NORTHNOTREEOTA SIBERIA SOMALIA) etc. etc.

Table of Contents

Consumer Beware: This thread contains high levels of snark which is known to cause predictable emissions of hot gas.

Gatekeeper Warnings: For those anal types who need to control what anyone else might try to say in public or even think about in general. You know the "Control the Message, Control Reality" types.

Top Bottom