Purdue / West Virginia

Reserve

Reaction score
Sorry everyone, I'm drawing a complete blank as to who it would be better for us to see win or lose this one.

Which is it?

Sorry everyone, I'm drawing a complete blank as to who it would be better for us to see win or lose this one.

Which is it?

I think Purdue - overall stregthens the conference and we play them again as well...

But maybe I am incorrect, just my first thoughts...

We want WVA to win. The Purdue win will be great no matter what. The WVA win would only look better the more they win.

My guess would be Purdue so that when we beat them a second time it appears we have a stronger win if they have defeated WV

My guess would be Purdue so that when we beat them a second time it appears we have a stronger win if they have defeated WV

But if WVU keeps losing, they won't get ranked. We need them to win as the Purdue win will be good no matter what...

Purdue wins and West Virgina starts to win in the Big East would be the best. West Virginia has improved some, they beat #13 Georgetown recently but lost to Saint Johns and Marquette earlier in the year.

But if WVU keeps losing, they won't get ranked. We need them to win as the Purdue win will be good no matter what...

Agree. At selection time, there is always talk of what good wins the teams have. Currently there is a question of whether WVU and NC are really good wins or not. Want WVU and NC to do well.

Purdue winning would help the conference. Also, I like Purdue better so I hope they win. Hope WVU does well in the rest of their games.

There was a discussion of this in one of the Purdue threads (can't find it). I also can't remember what Selection Sunday and some of the other knowledgeable posters wrote would be better for the Gophers.

Edit:Found it - Selection Sunday's College Hoops Report (SS wrote Purdue win would be better)

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=26218

Since we won't win at Purdue in a few weeks we want West Virginia to win today.

Sorry, but it's been awful. Good 8-0 run there though.

You guys have been doing much better on Mitchell than you did on Hoff the other night. And E'Twaun is hitting shots.

Gus just gave Blake some nice props on his new step-back jumper.

Gus gives a shout out for the Gophers

Gus Johnson with some love for Hoff and the Gophers beating Purdue. Said he lit them up and mentioned the little step back jumper he has started to use.

West Virginia Wins

West Virginia ends up beating Purdue....glad we didn't storm the court like they just did.

Yeah. Props to the Gopher fans for not embarrassing themselves like the hilljacks just did.

aaaand west virginia storms the court. I don't get that. You are one season removed from a final four, purdue is #8 and just lost their last game, so is probably more like #12 theoretically.

Gus Johnson with some love for Hoff and the Gophers beating Purdue. Said he lit them up and mentioned the little step back jumper he has started to use.

It's good to have a national announcer who spends most of his time outside of national games covering the Big Ten. It was a huge coup for the BTN to get Gus to be one of their steady announcers. I wonder if he will take over for Nantz covering the BTT for CBS since he already does so for the BTN. I know CBS likes to have Nantz as their lead PBP guy do the BTT since it is always the final game before the brackets come out - just a thought.

I think the WVU bodes well for us because that is supposed to be one our best non-conference wins. They beat Purdue and will likely get ranked.

Hard to believe they were ranked #8 in the country when they still haven't beat a single ranked team? Are there any others in the Top 15 that haven't beaten a ranked team yet?

Yeah. Props to the Gopher fans for not embarrassing themselves like the hilljacks just did.

No kidding. Couldn't believe they did that. It was an upset but certainly not a big one.

Ohio State beat an over rated Florida team. But of course, they beat an excellent Minnesota team so they deserve to be highly ranked.

Top Bottom