PG Noah Contrill transferring from WVU

Yes!! Lets get another questionable character on the team!! That is exactly what we need. Then we can deal with the same issues in years to come!!!!!

Next year Andre Hollings is coming here. He is a PG and someone who is smart and wont bring any baggage

He pulled a Devoe. Got suspended and left the team. He's a freshmen. Scout and ESPN has him at a 4 star. Think Tubby and Co. should go after him? God knows we need a suitable PG in the worst way next season.

Unless Tubby is looking for some oxy's, absolutely not. The kid is bad news. Not sure I'd say he's "transferring". He quit school. Probably will go to a non D1 school, then maybe/maybe not resurface at a D1 at some point.. but, bad news.

PG Noah Contrill transferring from WVU

BFD, another kid who thought he was better than he really is?

Hey Gopher Warrior, what about a point guard named Blake Nash playing for Williston State College, a JC? I've seen him play about 4 or 5 times since I got stuck working out here and he's pretty good, but I can't seem to find any info on him except that he's from Arizona. He's a freshman this year.

Hey Gopher Warrior, what about a point guard named Blake Nash playing for Williston State College, a JC? I've seen him play about 4 or 5 times since I got stuck working out here and he's pretty good, but I can't seem to find any info on him except that he's from Arizona. He's a freshman this year.

He was a nonqualifer (was likely heading to Washington State if he had qualified), so he needed/needs two years of work before he'd be able to get to the D1 level... but, he's actually in his second year of community college now.. last year he wanted to redshirt and did,.. that enabled him to 1) concentrate on academics and 2) if all goes well, he'd be eligible for 3 years of competition at the D1 level.

I'm not sure how the academics are going this year, but there are a number of schools that may have an interest... I think WSU is still in play.. has gotten looks from a variety of schools, including a number of high majors (Marquette has taken a look as well)... I'll see what kind of an update I can get from someone and send you a PM if it's anything interesting.

What's the deal with Chip, can he swing to PG? He's impressively athletic and can shoot some.
No.

From what I've seen so far, Chip can't really handle the PG spot whatsoever. His ball-handling is pretty suspect. And he hasn't been able to shoot the ball anywhere near the basket over the last 10-15 games, except for layups. He's shooting 17% from 3, and I honestly can't remember the last time he hit a jump shot.

Right now, he's a slashing, undersized 2 guard. He needs to improve his shooting & ball-handling if he's going to get any extended minutes the rest of this year.

No.

From what I've seen so far, Chip can't really handle the PG spot whatsoever. His ball-handling is pretty suspect. And he hasn't been able to shoot the ball anywhere near the basket over the last 10-15 games, except for layups. He's shooting 17% from 3, and I honestly can't remember the last time he hit a jump shot.

Right now, he's a slashing, undersized 2 guard. He needs to improve his shooting & ball-handling if he's going to get any extended minutes the rest of this year.

He takes the ball to the basket better than RW - right now.

...but they both miss layups once they get there. :/

Chip hasn't missed many layups that I've seen. However, he can't be a point guard not because of his ballhandling, but because he simply doesn't have that mentality. He's always looking to score.

Top Bottom