Thank you Al Nolen

march madness

Reaction score
Thanks for being smart and getting to the foul line when an opening arises. Thanks for taking great care of the ball. 8 assists and 1 turnover against Purdue is almost unheard of! Thanks for taking that three, you have a decent shot. Thanks for taking the game on your shoulders when the shot clock is running out and there is no one to pass to. I know the end result isn't always pretty and people blame you. But those of us who really watch basketball know its a bad situation and your trying to get something positive out of it. It's not a selfish thing, its the only thing available.

Thanks for being smart and getting to the foul line when an opening arises. Thanks for taking great care of the ball. 8 assists and 1 turnover against Purdue is almost unheard of! Thanks for taking that three, you have a decent shot. Thanks for taking the game on your shoulders when the shot clock is running out and there is no one to pass to. I know the end result isn't always pretty and people blame you. But those of us who really watch basketball know its a bad situation and your trying to get something positive out of it. It's not a selfish thing, its the only thing available.

Glad Al is on the team. Would be pretty bad if he wasnt as there is not another pg capable at this time.

glad al has worked hard for 4 years, learned from a capable coaching staff and taken on leadership. would be pretty bad if he wasn't willing to work hard and listen to the coaches. we haven't always had a capable coaching staff at different times.

He made 5 of 7 FTA. Not great, not horrible.

Missing the front end of 1 of 1's is the killer, especially when you lead by 3 with less than a minute to go and all you need to do is make 1. That was a bad miss and wasn't close. I hope Al can improve his clutch FT shooting. We'll need him to hit those!

He looked badly fatigued on that last FT. Gotta fight through that though, that's what being a senior leader is about. He did make the game winning shot though, so I'll let it slide...for now ;)

39 minutes will do that to the best of them.

For a kid that battles asthma, that's significant. I don't want to look through it, but that has to be the most minutes for any player in Tubby's era here? Regulation games, at least.

It's easy to defend Al after a night like last night, so I'll save my Pro-Al rant for another day. But seriously, how would Maverick have done getting pressed by Jackson for 40 minutes last night? Al just blew by him every time. How about when North Carolina kept trying to trap him at half court? Yeah, good try Zeller.

Glad Al is on the team. Would be pretty bad if he wasnt as there is not another pg capable at this time.

Glad Al was recruited to MN. Similar to past players that were recruited to MN and considered to never amount to anything on the BB court.

The foolishness....

Thanks, Al

for getting the benefit of the doubt by the refs on two out of control drives into the lane that easily could have called charges, but went your way. This is one of the few games where I could find much fault with his decisions to be aggressive. We're lucky we got that call late in the game, given how tight it was.

As mentioned, the clutch 3 was just a little bit important. It's tough to hit a ft at the end when you've played your as$ off for that many minutes.

Missing the front end of 1 of 1's is the killer, especially when you lead by 3 with less than a minute to go and all you need to do is make 1. That was a bad miss and wasn't close. I hope Al can improve his clutch FT shooting. We'll need him to hit those!

glad al has worked hard for 4 years, learned from a capable coaching staff and taken on leadership. would be pretty bad if he wasn't willing to work hard and listen to the coaches. we haven't always had a capable coaching staff at different times.

glad al had better coaching and a better career than former gopher signees kevin payton, limar wilson, oneal mims, kerry wooldridge, miles webb, rico tucker, egen nurumbi, wesley washington, aliou kane, and that juco guard that lasted a week, forgot his name.

the foolishness...

Top Bottom