Rodney's Jump Shot (And Mav's too)

scher215

Reaction score
The announcers talked during the Indiana game how some guys jump higher when they shoot in games than in warm ups and it causes their shot to suffer.

Being this was the first game I was able to make since Virgina, busy schedule, I paid extra attention to Rodney's jump shot. He does have very little jump in warm ups and was making his threes pretty well.

Get to the game, and he pulls up for a three in the same spot that he hit 3 in a row in warm ups and missed it badly ... with a MUCH higher jump.

Also, it looked like, in warm ups anyways that Mav was jumping higher on his shot than he did during the scrimmage and 3-point contest. It looked much smoother.

There has to be some reason, because Rodney's jumper has looked awful all year long.

You are probably right about Rodney. I'm going to check that out.

It looked to me like Mav's footwork was screwed up from the get-go on his one attempt (i.e., not a jumping issue on this one).

It looked to me like Mav's footwork was screwed up from the get-go on his one attempt (i.e., not a jumping issue on this one).

I didn't notice his feet on Mav's shot during the game, but it looked to me like he had a little more jump on it in warm ups.

My roommate even commented on Rodney's jumping differently, and he did not watch the Indiana game to hear the announcers talk about it. (My point being, it is somewhat noticeable at times)

Yeah, Mav kinda rushed that. His feet didn't quite look squared up. Rodney's elevation definitely fluctuates though. He jumps way too high on his threes. When he's near the basket and does a pullup jumper that's fine though.

Top Bottom