Souhan on the crowd's response to Trevor: "What's wrong with you people?"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
From Souhan:

"I understand that Gophers fans wanted to see Trevor Mbakwe enter the game against Purdue. I understand that he's a wonderful college player.

But giving him a standing ovation for violating the terms of a restraining order and putting his career and his team in jeopardy? What's wrong with you people?"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/b...EyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI

Go Gophers!!

Seriously, Souhan's an idiot. Just a miserable, miserable person.

Not even going to click. I'm happy about the win not going to let him kill my buzz.

But giving him a standing ovation for violating the terms of a restraining order and putting his career and his team in jeopardy? What's wrong with you people?"

So from that logic: As a parent if your kid gets in trouble in school, punish them and then turn your back on them and give no positive encouragement. Thats great Jim.

At the time we were hemorrhaging off points to JaJuan whom Ralph was guarding. There needed to be a change.

And also Souhan is a jackass.

He'll get a lot of clicks, and that is all he cares about. EOS
FU hack.

Standing ovation for violating a restraining order? That's a stretch.

I think the standing ovation was for entering the game, but I know I was applauding the fact he got a misdemeanor. I thought that was pretty impressive. (Sarcasm)

Were fans supposed to boo?

Souhan never has anything good to say about Gopher sports. So, its not like this comes a surprise at all.

Who was chanting that they wanted him in the game? The student section. Who cheered loudly for him when he entered? The student section? Gee i wonder why? Maybe because the students can relate to what Trevor did and realize it's not a big deal at all and it got way overblown. Just proves that Souhan is an old bastard and an idiot.

Who was chanting that they wanted him in the game? The student section. Who cheered loudly for him when he entered? The student section? Gee i wonder why? Maybe because the students can relate to what Trevor did and realize it's not a big deal at all and it got way overblown. Just proves that Souhan is an old bastard and an idiot.

The students were the ones chanting. But something that really stuck out to me was after the game when the players did their high fives through the front row, an older woman stopped Trevor and had a few words with him. They seemed to be positive and encouraging words that had them both smiling.

It's not just students who are still supporting Trevor, regardless of their opinion on what he did.

1) there was no standing ovation
2) Who cares about a restraining order

There will be somewhere between 2-3 million restraining orders issued in the United States this year. It will cost the taxpayers in the neighborhood of 4 billion dollars. How many of these people who have restraining orders filed against them are criminals? How many of these people are suspended from work because of them? How many of these restraining orders are necessary?

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/taxes/the-high-price-of-restraining-orders/19368794/

I was SO happy to hear that ovation for Trevor. I hope Maturi was listening. Whoever he is hearing from that puts "pressure" on him to make some of his ridiculous decisions are NOT the same people who are in the arena on game days. Everyone was able to read what Trevor wrote on Facebook and come to their own conclusion. I think the vast majority of Williams Arena came to the right decision...unfortunately Souhan did not.

Souhan never has anything good to say about Gopher sports. So, its not like this comes a surprise at all.

This. I agree, none of us should be surprised.

His description of the "standing ovation" seems to be similar to his description of the Bradley Center in Milwaukee last year at the NCAA tourney when he claimed..."Wisconsin fans were roaring throughout the Bradley Center when the Badgers came back against Wofford." I was there, a dull roar at best, and in reality a sigh of relief.

Hyperbole. Dim Jim won't let reality get in the way of a finding a way to make Gophers teams or fans appear foolish/stupid.

Surprisingly I actually enjoyed and agreed with his part about the Twolves. I can't remember the last time I read an article of his that wasn't completely sarcastic, negative, and filled with forced attempts at humor.

The team needed a jump start and Trevor seemed to provide it.

Par for the course. Would you have expected anything else?

I was in attendance as the Wolves beat the Wizards, and Kevin Love scored 35 points with 11 rebounds, four assists and just one turnover.

So on a night that the 8th ranked Purdue squad comes to town Souhan chooses to go and watch perhaps the two worst teams in the NBA duke it out?

:clap::clap::clap:

Good call Jimmy, good call.

:clap::clap::clap:

Response to Souhan: "What's wrong with you?"

But then we already know.

What's wrong with Souhan? -> The Peter Principle

Promoted beyond his level of competence

Suck it Soupcan. They won and the past is the past. Let it go.

Is this the same Jim Souhan who was unaware that Xavier is a high-quality basketball program? A program that continues to have significant regular season & NCAA success despite high coaching turnover (Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Thad Matta, Sean Miller & now Chris Mack). Souhan knows nadda about college basketball.

When it's Twins season, then I'll read Souhan.

Is this the same Jim Souhan who was unaware that Xavier is a high-quality basketball program? A program that continues to have significant regular season & NCAA success despite high coaching turnover (Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Thad Matta, Sean Miller & now Chris Mack). Souhan knows nadda about college basketball.

When it's Twins season, then I'll read Souhan.

Don't bother. He's not even good at covering the Twins anymore. His desperate attempts to be Rick Reilly have made him worthless at everything he turns his journalistic hands to.

I loved ow tubby put him in right when the chant got to full volume, almost like he was waiting on it to put him in. awesome

The fact that he went to a meaningless T-Wolves game instead says it all. He doesn't know squat about college basketball and he doesn't care.

I wonder what he wrote about the Viking faithful cheering on Brett Favre after his sexting!

What_Do_You_Mean_You_People_by_EncasedxInxPorcelain.jpg

Top Bottom