Doogie: First home win vs. Top 10 team since Ind. in 2000 (Joel's last game)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"Tonight broke a 10-gm losing streak at home for the #Gophers vs. Top-10 teams that dated back to Feb. '00 when they beat Ind. (Joel P gm)."

This was a much needed win tonight for the program. The first half was as well played of a BT half as I've seen in a long time. Both teams played very well. The refs controlled the pace of the second half, but it was big that we escaped with the big win.

I really like the minutes that Chip is giving us. I can live with an ill-advised shot now and then with him due to the other intangibles that he brings to the team. Tubby didn't put all of the freshmen in together which I think really helped them and the flow of the team. We are at our best when we get points in transition and tonight we got 16 of them. That was huge.

On to Iowa...

Go Gophers!!

Chip is a VERY impressive freshman. There was a LOT of skepticism when we signed him, but he certainly looks to be the most polished out of them. Great find by tubby. It may be early, but this kid looks like a star in the making.

Chip reminds me a lot of Vince with the way he finishes with his left hand. On the reverse layup he missed I was just about ready to explode out of my seat because it looked like he may go for a dunk.

Chip is a VERY impressive freshman. There was a LOT of skepticism when we signed him, but he certainly looks to be the most polished out of them. Great find by tubby. It may be early, but this kid looks like a star in the making.

His aggressiveness has gotten him in trouble at times but more often it has been beneficial. Great to see a freshman playing fearlessly and his aggression, athleticism, and finishing ability could make him a big scorer in the future with more experience.

Which Gopher goes pro now after this game? Is Blake going to be this games Joel?

Hopefully he ends up being an All American CB and an All Big Ten SG before it is all said and done (I still haven't given up hope on his football career).

Author?

"Tonight broke a 10-gm losing streak at home for the #Gophers vs. Top-10 teams that dated back to Feb. '00 when they beat Ind. (Joel P gm)."

This was a much needed win tonight for the program. The first half was as well played of a BT half as I've seen in a long time. Both teams played very well. The refs controlled the pace of the second half, but it was big that we escaped with the big win.

I really like the minutes that Chip is giving us. I can live with an ill-advised shot now and then with him due to the other intangibles that he brings to the team. Tubby didn't put all of the freshmen in together which I think really helped them and the flow of the team. We are at our best when we get points in transition and tonight we got 16 of them. That was huge.

On to Iowa...

Go Gophers!!
Not clear if these comments are all doogie or part Bleed - but I agree!

It's amazing it's been that long since the Gophers beat a top 10 team at home. It seemed like that happened once a year under Clem. I hope we can add another one this year.

On to Iowa...

Go Gophers!!

What was Georgia ranked when we beat them at the Barn on a last-second three by Michael Bauer?

What was Georgia ranked when we beat them at the Barn on a last-second three by Michael Bauer?

I don't recall if they were ranked ... low 20's if I had to guess though. But i was fairly young when I went to that game, so not positive.

I don't recall if they were ranked ... low 20's if I had to guess though. But i was fairly young when I went to that game, so not positive.

I just googled it... They were ranked 17th in one poll and 18th in another.

1991-1992.........First year of shared tickets........The three B1G 10 games I went to.

Sat, Jan 11 Michigan * 11 Minneapolis, Minn. 73 - 64 (W).......(with fresh trout)(the fab 5 were freshmen)

Sat, Jan 18 Michigan State * 11 Minneapolis, Minn. 70 - 66 (W)

Wed, Feb 12 Indiana * 4 Minneapolis, Minn. 71 - 67 (W)

I definitely had the 'good games' that year. OVERRATED is still ringing in my ears.:D

Top Bottom