gophers #1 to me, NDSU #2 to me

Dr.Don

Reaction score
As you all know, the Minnesota Gophers are my #1 favorites in all sports, but I have a soft spot in my heart for a very special group called the North Dakota State Bison.

Check this out, and if interested, feel free to comment. Thank you. Dr.Don

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/229797/

I have a soft spot in my heart for a very special group called the North Dakota State Bison.

You might want to see a Doctor for that heart condition, Doctor. Why the soft spot? Family connection?

No family connection, Dinky. Just love overachievers!!!!! That is another reason why I love Tubby's TEAM!!!

Well, That 'Splains It Loosey

NDSU vs UW-M? :confused: In Wisconsin, the Panthers are 3rd, maybe 4th, fiddle, and outside of the Buffaloes' one-time capture of lightning in a bottle (sound familiar, Gopher faithful) in hoops @ the KC, and perhaps Mike Nelson's family, almost no one has heard of well, "The Herd".

Even my close friend (and ardent 'SU fan) in Fargo, after some significant traveling over the past 4-5 years, including many big-time D-1 football games, admitted: "I didn't realize how little anyone pays attention or knows about D-1AA football, until I traveled all over for business."

Back to hoops . . . It's always great when those #15 seeds get in, but I'm sure you're glad that Goldy is #1 to you (as you stated), and I trust that there is a very wide chasm between your chosen #1 and your "#2".

I've always had a soft spot for the Gophers, no doubt they are my #2 favorite team.

As for Wisconsin it wasn't a one time deal, the Bison have also taken down Marquette. All the team needs is a win against UW-Milwaukee to capture the Wisconsin sweep.

You mean like the game

is not on national television or better yet, the Summit League network. I will be glued to the radio. You should try getting Dave Lee to do the play by play, he is from NoDak.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may not be on National Tv, but trust me, there are some of us that will find a way to follow it. GO GOPHER!!!! GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!

Barn...Why are you such a jerk tonight?

I would love to continue arguing with you FTB, but I have trouble trying to make sense out of nonsense. Good Night, young one.

Dr. Don, I know you mean well, but you've basically taken over this board. 95% of your posts are pointless and that remark about GL's "tots" was ridiculously stupid and over the line. Please try to show a little more discretion in the future. Also, no one here cares about NDSU. Sorry you have to hear this from me, but I know several other holers are thinking the same thing.

Go Gophers!

Very sad when a lower class of primates is more articulate than me...

Our daughters roomate is dating one of the players. I don't follow them, sorry, but wish them well either way.

Try channelsurfing.net or justintv or check cstv for the game. Maybe one of the schools will stream it.

I don't mind NDSU and will cheer for them if they make it to the tournament. The biggest reason I don't mind them is that they have a similar dislike for the north dakota sue that I have.

Say, Don, there is a NDSU Bison board where you can indulge all you want in discussing the Bison. But other Bison fans have somewhat polluted this site in the past and know that I (for one) don't have a lot of patience with threads dealing with 'em when we're not playing against them.

Just a friendly tip.

OK. I will end this thread with an apology. I am sorry I brought it up.

Also, no one here cares about NDSU.

I beg to differ. I like NDSU. My dad played football for NDSU, and I'm forever going to be a fan of their teams. And I will discuss them if I so please on this board, and I would hope that the board would allow conversation about another team once in a while as well. Lord knows it's better than eight threads a day regarding where Tubby's headed next, or the perpetual hatred of Myron and Dave Lee. In fact, I sometimes wonder whether people know there are other schools out there besides Minnesota.

The fact that nobody likes NDSU here is not because of the posters here, but rather because no matter what happens from now on, the Gopher football team lost to them in 2008. Lost to a 1-AA team. And any Gopher fan will never live it down, at least when the game comes up. Doesn't matter from here on out, it's never going to change.

How do I know? Because that's sports. Talk to a Holy Cross hockey fan; the same thing will happen. Or, bring up Appalachian State to a Michigan fan, or Hampton to an Iowa State fan. People love the upset. It's part of the very lifeblood of the game. If not, nobody would talk about the Miracle on Ice, or how Joe Namath beat the Colts, or Texas Western, or North Carolina State.

It's too bad that some have to rub it in, but it's also too bad that we can't talk about a pretty good team not far from here, just because there are hard feelings. Further, if a team like Drake came up to Minnesota and won, would we have to run Snowman off the board because of it? I think not...at least I'd hope not.

It's a Minnesota fan's cross to bear...learn to live with it, because it's not going away.

The fact that nobody likes NDSU here is not because of the posters here, but rather because no matter what happens from now on, the Gopher football team lost to them in 2008.

twinsfan, I must disagree. I don't dislike Florida Atlantic, who also beat us, any more than North Dakota. They're just not on the radar screen. But imagine if Florida Atlantic posters suddenly started posting here all the time. Man, that would get old fast.

twinsfan, I must disagree. I don't dislike Florida Atlantic, who also beat us, any more than North Dakota. They're just not on the radar screen. But imagine if Florida Atlantic posters suddenly started posting here all the time. Man, that would get old fast.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it through your head already folks. The people on here who want talk about NDSU is a minority. A very small minority. So please go to an NDSU board if you feel so inclined, because regardless of that state's proximity it is not welcome here and most on the board could care less about no dak.

I guess I'm in a pickle then...

Its such a shame to me that there is animosity towards the Bison from so many posters here. As a die hard gopher fan AND a graduating Senior up at NDSU, I often don't have to worry about mixing my two favorite teams together.
However when it does happen, I cringe to check the boards here. I feel like both teams fans are so similar not only in proximity but in attitude and "fanhood" that most of them would generally like each other and wish each others teams well in all sports. This crazy Bison hatred has gotten a little out of control, I can tell you that there are TONS of Gopher fans up here, many who watch the Goph's all the time. I just wish everyone would drop the hatred (and embrace a mutual respect for two university's who are both riding a great wave of success) for 364 days a year...and keep it for the 1 BB/FB game per year :)

Go Gophs!

This crazy Bison hatred has gotten a little out of control, I can tell you that there are TONS of Gopher fans up here, many who watch the Goph's all the time. I just wish everyone would drop the hatred

Where do you come up with this stuff? Did you read my post? Most Gopher fans don't hate North Dakota any more than Florida Atlantic. We just don't care, and it gets annoying when people want to talk about something you don't follow. Hey, wanna talk about ballroom dancing? Oh yeah, wrong board.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Did you read my post? Most Gopher fans don't hate North Dakota any more than Florida Atlantic. We just don't care, and it gets annoying when people want to talk about something you don't follow. Hey, wanna talk about ballroom dancing? Oh yeah, wrong board.

My thoughts exactly... It's not that we hate NDSU. I personally just don't care to discuss it or read about it at all.

I like the Twins and Red Sox. Maybe I'll start posting about them here. Oh wait. Dumb idea - this is a Gopher board. Silly me. At least I didn't suggest posting about some school from the dakotas.

The difference between all the examples you named and the 2007 Gophers football squad is those upsets happened against good teams, we were 1-11 with our only win coming on a missed PAT at home against Miami OH. I'm pretty sure a Pop Warner team could have whipped the Gophs 2 seasons ago.

NDSU sucks...straight up...go learn how to spell Bison right

IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS I WAS DELETED.. BIG SHOCK!!!

MINNESOTA AT UW-MILWAUKEE WILL BE FUN! ROAD TRIP.

Yes, your tubby team has caught a bit of brewsteritis......

But You're welcome to follow the SUMMIT TOURNEY Championship march 10 on ESPN2.

*hugs* see you then!!

Top Bottom