Isn't Trevor already on probation for Miami incident

GopherFish

Reaction score
"After a deal in which he agreed to do 100 hours of community service and stay out of trouble without admitting guilt, he was allowed to play in Minnesota."

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011/01/trevor_mbakwe_g.php

Just wondering if this latest incident will mess up his deal in the Miami case as it seems part of the deal was to "stay out of trouble". I thought Trevor was on probation for Miami incident and this could possibly reopen case. If I recall correctly he had a restraining order on him in that case too.

I know Trevor is a good player, but do we really need another headache on this squad?

Here's more info:

"Miami Dade State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Terry Chavez said Tuesday that her office received information on Mbakwe's recent legal situation in Minnesota and was reviewing whether it would affect his intervention program.

"As far as I know the case hasn't gone back to court to be finalized and dropped," Chavez said. "But we're absolutely looking into the situation."

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17066412?source=most_viewed

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

I think what people keep forgetting is Trevor never went to trial. At a maximum, all the Miami AD is refile the case and bring Trevor to trial. if they thought it was an easy conviction, they never would have offered the pre-trial agreement.

I think what people keep forgetting is Trevor never went to trial. At a maximum, all the Miami AD is refile the case and bring Trevor to trial. if they thought it was an easy conviction, they never would have offered the pre-trial agreement.

Exactly. The most Miami can do is refile the case (As I understand it, I, again, am no expert). Personally, I do not see how this changes the facts of THAT case. They had to have known about the restraining order when he was charged before (I'd think?). So I don't see how sending a non-threatening Facebook message all of a sudden shows he punched a girl in Miami.

Top Bottom