If Penn St can do it, we should right?

sidefx182

Reaction score
Holding homecourt against Mich St and Illini. Those are pretty nice wins. Big 10 is a lot better than I thought it would be top to bottom.

I think it's a little weaker right below the top as well, to be honest.

Yeah, I think the top is weaker, but overall stronger. I like that no win is an easy win. Granted, I would like some easy wins for our team right now, but it doesn't like there really are any left with the way it has been going.

I don't think there should ever be an assumed 'easy win'. You always have to make shots, you always have to defend.

Looking forward to winning some tough home games!

Penn St has a nice team - much more than just Talor Battle.

PSU's coach knows how to use Battle and is the focus of his offense. Tubby would be well served to take a glance and utilize Hoff in the same manner.

PSU's coach knows how to use Battle and is the focus of his offense. Tubby would be well served to take a glance and utilize Hoff in the same manner.

There is nothing similar about Battle's and Hoff's game.

If Minnesota can get back in the NCAA picture it looks like they might be battling Penn State and Wisconsin for the last Big Ten spot.

If Minnesota can get back in the NCAA picture it looks like they might be battling Penn State and Wisconsin for the last Big Ten spot.
There's no reason to think at least 6 teams won't make it (i.e., both Wisconsin and Minnesota), but I don't think PSU is quite there yet. But they've got a good start in conference and could certainly make it happen if they continue to play relatively well.

PSU focus is to get Battle open and take the outside shot. The other players benefit from that. Both are outside shooters although Battle is quicker than Blake. Both have a quick trigger.

We struggle to get Hoff a good look in the high/low. Battle gets them often

PSU focus is to get Battle open and take the outside shot. The other players benefit from that. Both are outside shooters although Battle is quicker than Blake. Both have a quick trigger.

We struggle to get Hoff a good look in the high/low. Battle gets them often

Battle is a senior combo guard that can create his own shot at will. Did you watch the game last night? He took ridiculously long and contested 3pt shots off the dribble. Battle gets players open, not the other way around.

He has been one of the better scorers in the league the last 3-4 years. I just get a kick out of you suddenly crowning DeChellis as an offensive genious Tubby should take advice from. Especially after going 3-15 in conference play last year and losing at home to Maine and Michigan earlier in the season with basically the same team.

I think his intent was to point out that DeChellis makes Battle the focus of his offense, and that Tubby should be doing the same with Hoffarber. You can make any gifted offensive player the centerpiece, you just have to "Talor" (©Wahoo McDaniel Joke of the Day) the strategy to their strengths. Tubby is an amazing defensive coach, but he has a little bit of Brad Childress in him offensively. He's trying to fit players to his style rather than the other way around, and the results have been less than maximal.

I think his intent was to point out that DeChellis makes Battle the focus of his offense, and that Tubby should be doing the same with Hoffarber. You can make any gifted offensive player the centerpiece, you just have to "Talor" (©Wahoo McDaniel Joke of the Day) the strategy to their strengths. Tubby is an amazing defensive coach, but he has a little bit of Brad Childress in him offensively. He's trying to fit players to his style rather than the other way around, and the results have been less than maximal.

I get that, I just thought it was a terrible example. I do think there is much to be desired in our half court offense, but looking to Penn State and how they use Talor Battle is not the answer.

Holding homecourt against Mich St and Illini. Those are pretty nice wins. Big 10 is a lot better than I thought it would be top to bottom.

You are correct.

Wins are expected (by some) against MSU and Ill at thome.

CONFERENCES don't get spots - TEAMS get spots regardless of conference affiliation.

Um, we're still in the NCAA picture. Every projected bracket I've seen this week has us in (as an 8 seed or so).

We never left the NCAA picture. I think people are getting an unrealistic idea of how good Penn St is.

Anybody else think that sounds exactly like something FOT would say? FOT, don't take that as an insult. I know it's pretty offensive to make any kind of comparison to Art but just that comment sounds like you (not in a bad way).

CONFERENCES don't get spots - TEAMS get spots regardless of conference affiliation.

Top Bottom