Overtime starting for MSU/WI game right now...

GopherLady

Reaction score
If you're not watching, they're tied at 53-53 going into OT. MSU had some phenomenal steals and scores to tie it up. Have a lot of momentum going into overtime.

On ESPN

They both looked pretty lifeless in OT! MSU certainly couldn't put them away, but squeaked it out at the end. A bad shot selection for WI's 2nd to last possession, and some FT's made by MSU sealed the deal.

That was reminiscent of their choke job against us at Kohl a couple of years ago.

Up 9 w/2:30 left and lose? Ouch Badgers, ouch.

I literally only watched the last 30 seconds, but holy crap that was an ugly last possession for Wisconsin. I always like the quick 2 in that situation, personally...

Dunno who I wanted to win really, probably better that MSU won so Wisconsin can win at the Kohl and spread the losses.

I watched the game.

Wisconsin was in control. Up by 9 with 2:30 or so. Then they fell apart. Looks like they thought the had the game won and stopped playing. Several bad possessions to end regulation. Never got it back in OT.

Badgernation gives me a feeling of deja vu -

Bo lost this one.
The mass substitutions killed us.
No set play off of the time out.
Leuer did not show up.
etc.
Fans are the same both sides of the border after a loss.

FWIW, I thought Becky played a tough game and should have won.

I dont get why teams dont press wisconsin more often.

Very nice to see Sconi uncharacteristically choke that one away. Rob Wilson definitely screwed it up going for the dunk instead of running the shot clock. But, it really did remind me a lot of our win in 08 at the Kohl Center.

Aside from Wisconsin losing, what was wonderful, Good Lord, did any see Bruesewitz take a dive a midcourt? Complete with his teamates helping him off the floor when he didn't get hit? Or in the last play, with two seconds on the clock, the Wisconsin player that flopped just before the inbounds pass?

It's these kind of entertaining moments that make it possible to watch them.

MSU stole one last night. Sparty's still not right, but it's certainly one they had to have.

they showed replays of the second to last shot in regulation - where Wisky had a great block on MSU, but not the end scrum (that I saw). However, on first pass, it looked like the MSU player was trying to shoot at the buzzer and the wisky guy just held his arm on the ground. Did anyone see that?

it looked really blatant.

Did anyone catch on TV last night the antics by the Izzone? Any time Bo Ryan would stand up and start yelling at a call, the entire Izzone would start screaming as well, attempting to make fun of Bo and minimize the impact the yelling might have on the officials. We should do something like this at Williams in 5 years when the Badgers finally play there.

they showed replays of the second to last shot in regulation - where Wisky had a great block on MSU, but not the end scrum (that I saw). However, on first pass, it looked like the MSU player was trying to shoot at the buzzer and the wisky guy just held his arm on the ground. Did anyone see that?

it looked really blatant.

I saw that, but didn't see a good angle so hard to tell if he was fouled or not.

Top Bottom