Maturi stays popular in the news...

lawsuit

Could this be the straw that breaks the camels back and gets Maturi fired? Another lawsuit in excess over $1 million pending...??

Lawsuit lottery. All you need is a dollar and a dream! How is that possibly on Maturi? The only downside is that we may be stuck with Borton until after the lawsuit is settled or (hopefully) dismissed

Harris

The accusations do not make Harris look good. A little nepotism mixed in with homophobia sounds like a good workplace lawsuit to me.

Could this be the straw that breaks the camels back and gets Maturi fired? Another lawsuit in excess over $1 million pending...??

Lawsuit lottery. All you need is a dollar and a dream! How is that possibly on Maturi? The only downside is that we may be stuck with Borton until after the lawsuit is settled or (hopefully) dismissed

Maturi's mistake was hiring Harris.

The problem is, that at the time, people were lauding the hiring of Harris.

This might be the wrong forum, and if so I am sorry for starting a thread but I heard a long segment on Kfan with Dan Barreiro discussing this before Thanksgiving.

http://www.startribune.com/local/11...8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUvckD8EQDUs[/QUOTE

In all due respect, this is an old but ongoing issue. The issue of 'demoting' coach Brenny is a matter of 'he said, she said' at this point. To me the red flag is Rose becoming essentialy the head coach. This could get interesting.

Old news. Pioneer Press article, golf boosters were really against the Harris hire. Reminds me of the Brewster hire. Maturi thinks he is a Svengali who can find great coaches who have never demonstrated their ability. He can just tell that these people will be great coaches.

http://athleticbusiness.com/article...20693673&lntopicid=136030023&h=AD Joel Maturi

The spent shell on Maturi's desk is from one of the times he shot himself in the foot. He has a whole drawer full of them.

Harris comes off far worse then Maturi in this, but it is his Department at the end of the day. Two lawsuits in a year is not good. Thankfully for Maturi, everything else is going well.:rolleyes:. And ultimately, Maturi has a boss, so he can't be held responsible.

Maturi should have taken some PR courses at CSOM when he started the job.

I think you are confusing Joel Maturi with Chris Voelz.
(It's easy to do since they look so much alike...) :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're on to something there. C.V. had all the qualities that most of the dump- Maturi period crowd would want.

She didn't give a damn about budgets. She didn't care what any of her coaches suggested. She belittled "minor sports", she only cared about basketball and volleyball, though I'm sure she could have fit football in there too.

She got buildings built, useless or not. Ran her office like a tyrant and didn't give a damn what anybody thought. If she decided she needed the money there would have been no reprieve for the four sports that Harvey Mackay and company saved. They'd be out.

Only here gender kept her from being a Masonite's wet dream.

Top Bottom