Mike Max

book

Reaction score
Just had a very non-biased report on Trevor on the noon news. He even was outside Williams Arena. Some points I remebered: trevor thought the restraining order ended January 1st. Max said several sources have said Trevor's message was non-threatening. Also, Maturi and Tibby had met this morning. Trevor is very upset that he might be suspeneded over this. Thet are practicing now (including Trevor). Anyone else catch the news?

Just had a very non-biased report on Trevor on the noon news. He even was outside Williams Arena. Some points I remebered: trevor thought the restraining order ended January 1st. Max said several sources have said Trevor's message was non-threatening. Also, Maturi and Tibby had met this morning. Trevor is very upset that he might be suspeneded over this. Thet are practicing now (including Trevor). Anyone else catch the news?

Caught it myself. Pretty much what you said, though I 'thought' he said Trevor was very upset that they were even considering a suspension.

So I guess Maturi won't be happy until Trevor sits long enough to wanna transfer? This is so much ado about nothing. Maturi needs to get over himself. If Trevor is suspended, I wouldn't be shocked if he follows Devoe out the door.

So I guess Maturi won't be happy until Trevor sits long enough to wanna transfer? This is so much ado about nothing. Maturi needs to get over himself. If Trevor is suspended, I wouldn't be shocked if he follows Devoe out the door.

I agree this does not deserve a suspension. But, whether Trevor would leave or not can not enter into Maturi's decision. It is just not relevant.

Welcome to the "Good ole Boy" network. Just as soon as Tubby is about to turn the corner and have some real success, the "powers that be" start throwing spike strips in the road. It is old as time itself...they are going to do all they can to keep a successful man from fulfilling his destiny because he doesn't "look" like he belongs. Thank God MLKJ isn't alive to see this kind of travisty.

Welcome to the "Good ole Boy" network. Just as soon as Tubby is about to turn the corner and have some real success, the "powers that be" start throwing spike strips in the road. It is old as time itself...they are going to do all they can to keep a successful man from fulfilling his destiny because he doesn't "look" like he belongs. Thank God MLKJ isn't alive to see this kind of travisty.
I hope this is a joke?

I hope this is a joke?

Not at all...when so many players on so many other teams get by with what they do and our star player makes a little mistake and he practically has the book thrown a him...Don't be suprised if a high-up somewhere is "keeping an eye" on things...for no good reason. Tubby has run clean programs his entire career. But that's not enough for some of the "good ole boys"

Not at all...when so many players on so many other teams get by with what they do and our star player makes a little mistake and he practically has the book thrown a him...Don't be suprised if a high-up somewhere is "keeping an eye" on things...for no good reason. Tubby has run clean programs his entire career. But that's not enough for some of the "good ole boys"

Is your "life" on this board almost over? What a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

I don't understand the hostility...I for one am a gopher fan who is glad as hell that Tubby is coaching here. In my opinion he is the best chance we've had to revive this program...it just kills me when piddly stuff like this happens when we have such a great coach here. It's almost like nobody wants Tubby to succeed and I find myself wondering why. There is a scientific thoery that states if something is to complicated to figure out, the simpilest explanation has to be the correct one. You figure it out!

I don't understand the hostility...I for one am a gopher fan who is glad as hell that Tubby is coaching here. In my opinion he is the best chance we've had to revive this program...it just kills me when piddly stuff like this happens when we have such a great coach here. It's almost like nobody wants Tubby to succeed and I find myself wondering why. There is a scientific thoery that states if something is to complicated to figure out, the simpilest explanation has to be the correct one. You figure it out!

Yeah, a racist conspiracy from above - what a simple theory. Go away.

There is a scientific thoery that states if something is to complicated to figure out, the simpilest explanation has to be the correct one. You figure it out!

It's called Occam's Razor. Pray tell, how is a vast racist conspiracy against Tubby the Occam's Razor in this situation?

If he violated a restraining order he should be punished, whatever that punishment is. If I drink and drive I sould be punished. Simple.

Fanforlife, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. (had to use this line from Billy Madison for this one)

Not sure how this situation with Trevor has anything to do with "the man" and some outdated generic conspiracy theory against black coaches.

My first thought upon hearing about this latest legal situation with Trevor was "how stupid/dense is this guy?!?" My second thought was Maturi needs to hire a shaman to remove the curse on this program.

Then I finished my oatmeal, put on my favorite drive time music and went to work.

Some of the news media outlets are really pouring it on. They are really portraying it as harassment. It doesn't sound like that is the case, I am a bit surprised by that.

Some of the news media outlets are really pouring it on. They are really portraying it as harassment. It doesn't sound like that is the case, I am a bit surprised by that.

Well, based on his track record they really have no choice since he has a restraining order from one female, allegedly assaulted another, and had a child with another....all before his 21st birthday. He sure has lived a full life.....

Nothing Mike Max does is non-biased... http://www.homersota.com/max_mike.html

:)

If he violated a restraining order he should be punished, whatever that punishment is. If I drink and drive I sould be punished. Simple.

I i killed someone i should be punished. Different circumstances requires different punishments. Maybe Tubby will punish him "within". Is that ok with you badger fan?

Where there's smoke, there's fire? Maybe...I don't know. What I do know is they have courts and prosecuters and a whole lot of people that are responsible for the legal system...and I am all for letting it take its course. Trevor was arrested...and is out on bail. It's a misdameanor charge that I suspect will not come to much of anything. We can't say this is bad because of what happened in Miami...because nothing happened in Miami according the courts. We can only look at what we know to be true...and so far, Trevor has been a model U of M citizen and great representative of Gopher Athletics. This was clearly a mistake...one most of us could have easily made at 21.

I have faith that Maturi and Tubby will do the right thing and that Maturi will then put his foot in his mouth and make things worse than they need to be...because history has shown that this is how it works.

Miss a game, or a half seems about right. Maturi...shut the eff up and stop talking to the press you nitwit.

If you're a badger fan, ipso facto, you must be a lush. If you haven't ever driven while drunk it's because you couldn't get the car on blocks in your front yard to start. Sorry. It's science.

I think some people over estimate the power of the 'good oleeee boys'. This is more likely a case of McCarthyism. It's the fault of those pinky communists.:eek:

BTW, that's Joe not Eugene.

I think Mike Max looks like a parrot and sounds like a Dbag. Why is he employed? Ohh yeah its WCCO.

Haha, great analogy. Here's a closer (yet unrealistic) example... I've accumulated so many speeding tickets and I've been warned that the next time I speed my license will be suspended. Eventually I'm pulled over for going 63 in a 60 zone without realizing. My license should be suspended.

I i killed someone i should be punished. Different circumstances requires different punishments. Maybe Tubby will punish him "within". Is that ok with you badger fan?

fine with me. I agree different crimes = different punishments. I never said kick the guy off the team, just that if he violated the law he should be punished.

Not too suprising when you realize the "establishment" that runs network media.

Top Bottom