Dear Blake Hoffarber

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Dear Blake,

I just want to thank you for playing almost 4 years of Gopher basketball without getting arrested for stealing jeans/punching women or getting suspended for smoking blunts/grades. Given the low proportion of players who manage to play four years for Tubby without getting arrested/ suspended/ kicked off the team your commitment to clean living is admirable.

Sincerely,

Winnipegopher

Dear Blake,

I just want to thank you for playing almost 4 years of Gopher basketball without getting arrested for stealing jeans/punching women or getting suspended for smoking blunts/grades. Given the low proportion of players who manage to play four years for Tubby without getting arrested/ suspended/ kicked off the team your commitment to clean living is admirable.

Sincerely,

Winnipegopher

get out. your'e not funny, and its not appreciated. and no i not mad

It wasn't meant to be funny. I truly appreciate Blake and the fact he never causes trouble.

For awhile I thought maybe it was just a little bad luck and things would get turned around but now its starting to get embarassing. The way the last 2 years have gone the rest of the big 10/country must think we have the biggest Thugs on our team.

I think it's pretty safe to say you will be able to add RS3 and Colton to that list next year.

I would have given anything to play 4 years of basketball for the Gophers under coach Smith for free. Hell, I would have even paid tuition. Too bad I'm 5 foot nothing, and weigh a hundred and nothing :D

Dear Blake,

Sincerely,

Winnipegopher

Does this mean Tubby is to blame?

I think it's pretty safe to say you will be able to add RS3 and Colton to that list next year.

I would have given anything to play 4 years of basketball for the Gophers under coach Smith for free. Hell, I would have even paid tuition. Too bad I'm 5 foot nothing, and weigh a hundred and nothing :D

yeah, but can you shoot?

For awhile I thought maybe it was just a little bad luck and things would get turned around but now its starting to get embarassing. The way the last 2 years have gone the rest of the big 10/country must think we have the biggest Thugs on our team.

Read some other message boards, the answer is yes they do. A better question right now might be to wonder which of our programs is a bigger laughingstock. While the football team may lose pretty much all it's games, I'd have to say the bball program under Tubby takes it.

Dear Blake,

Sincerely,

Winnipegopher

I expect anther 40,000 plus thank you's to all the other u of m students that have gone 4 years without getting arrested.

Another black eye for the U of M. No matter what the facts are, everyone is seeing the headline which looks very bad.
Tubby must not be the greatest judge of character. Perhaps he should hire a parole officer as his recruiting coordinator?
Can we ever get good news!

All of this just shocks me. I mean, there were no red flags giving warning of Mbakwe's antics.

Yes, I am sure MSU has been full of lol's and lmao's at us while Chris Allen is kicked off the team and Korie Lucious gets a DWI.

I am sure Iowa can't help but smile and think we have thugs while their own Anthony Tucker is kicked off the team for constantly being drunk in public. I am sure they are also pretty low on us after their recruiting violations with Ogelsby.

Seriously, UMN has no more "thugs" than any other program and has no more "trouble" than any other program. And you think one of our players committing a misdemeanor for a first time offense all of a sudden changes that? I sure don't. The only players who have been in trouble at the U and actually done something are the following that could be illegal:

Royce White - Shoving a security guard, stealing clothes
Royce White - trespassing into a dorm
Devron Bostcok - Using marijauna
Trevor Mbakwe - misdemeanor breach of a no contact order

I hardly think that qualifies the U of M as the biggest "thugs" in the Big10

This kind of stuff is why I'm looking forward to the Andre Hollins era lol. I'm really stoked about this kid, and much of it is cause I have heard nothing but great things about him as a person, not just a player.

Yes, I am sure MSU has been full of lol's and lmao's at us while Chris Allen is kicked off the team and Korie Lucious gets a DWI.

I am sure Iowa can't help but smile and think we have thugs while their own Anthony Tucker is kicked off the team for constantly being drunk in public. I am sure they are also pretty low on us after their recruiting violations with Ogelsby.

Seriously, UMN has no more "thugs" than any other program and has no more "trouble" than any other program. And you think one of our players committing a misdemeanor for a first time offense all of a sudden changes that? I sure don't. The only players who have been in trouble at the U and actually done something are the following that could be illegal:

Royce White - Shoving a security guard, stealing clothes
Royce White - trespassing into a dorm
Devron Bostcok - Using marijauna
Trevor Mbakwe - misdemeanor breach of a no contact order

I hardly think that qualifies the U of M as the biggest "thugs" in the Big10

Don't forget about Mbakwe' little incident down in Miami. Despite never being found guilty, he was also not found innocent and his issues with women and restraining orders makes that case look more interesting each day.

Don't forget about Mbakwe' little incident down in Miami. Despite never being found guilty, he was also not found innocent and his issues with women and restraining orders makes that case look more interesting each day.

under the United States law, it is innocent until proven guilty (also called the presumption of innocence)... he was never proven guilty.

What does that mean then?

In the United States, the country Miami, FL is located in. There is no necesity to be proven innocent. You are PRESUMED innocent and it is the prosecutions job to prove guilt, you do not need to prove innocence as it is assumed. Therefore, if guilt is not proven, the law continues to presume innocence.

Keep in mind, I am strictly speaking in the sense of the law and how the law views Trevor Mbakwe's case.

most innocent people don't have to do community service or get put on probation.

Top Bottom