What's Maturi's email address?

bga1

Reaction score
He needs to be bombarded this morning. Anyone?

im down.

he needs alot of emails about this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

if he suspendds trevor...

historic incompetence.

he doesnt want to gather information. he wants to push the suspend button and push it under the rug hoping it goes away. at no point has he done anything else

im down.

he needs alot of emails about this *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

if he suspendds trevor...

historic incompetence.

he doesnt want to gather information. he wants to push the suspend button and push it under the rug hoping it goes away. at no point has he done anything else

Mine is sent. (Thanks to "Showin Goldy") Don't forget to be civil with him if you send one. Ripping him won't work. Reason has a chance- however slim.

Mine is sent. (Thanks to "Showin Goldy") Don't forget to be civil with him if you send one. Ripping him won't work. Reason has a chance- however slim.

I don't know, I sent him a really mean email about Brewster right after the Wisconsin game.

Brewster was fired a week later! It was all me.

We should just pin his email to the top of the page, cause every time something goes down, someone asks what it is LOL.

What are the chances that Maturi would suspend Mbakwe without discussing this with Bruininks and Mark Rotenberg? I would say there is zero chance.

We should just pin his email to the top of the page, cause every time something goes down, someone asks what it is LOL.

Yeah, who'da thunk that the U of M maintains a publicly-available searchable directory of its students and employees? And, in order to avoid confusion, said directory is located at http://www.umn.edu. They titled the domain name this way in order to be found more easily by those who may be looking for information related to the school. Each of these are truly novel innovations in the field of higher education, and when taken as a whole, it's amazing that the U has not won several Web awards.

Dear Mr. Maturi,

Please do not suspend Trevor Mbakwe. Show gopher fans everywhere that you did indeed go out and gather all information on the incident last night, and are not just hitting your big red suspension button, and hoping to sweep this under the rug while Trevor floats in limbo (again). The prevailing feeling among Gopher fans is that while Trevor did make a very stupid mistake, his resulting incarceration is fairly ludicrous, and a suspension would be compounding that. While we as the public may not know the entirety of the situation, with as much as we know now: Trevor sending ‘I hope all is well with you’ to the girl (who (reportedly) has been going through a difficult time) and the girl directly turning around and having him arrested because of the no contact order.
Is there more to it? Possibly. If there is more to the story, and you do elect to place a suspension on Trevor (which you shouldn’t ..again) please make it clear exactly what those extenuating circumstances were. I’m sure with the troubles surrounding the program the past two years, you have gotten a lot of heat for your decisions, and honestly, I feel rightfully so. However, was the heat justified? I, and the rest of the fanbase, can’t know because a lot of the information that would have made your decisions more clear and rational was withheld. Perhaps this time things can end up differently.

Thank you for your time.

my letter

What are the chances that Maturi would suspend Mbakwe without discussing this with Bruininks and Mark Rotenberg? I would say there is zero chance.

He is already on thin ice with Bruininks so I doubt he makes any decision without consulting him. It still amazes me that he has a job. One of the most unpopular AD's that has held onto his position that I can think of.

I already sent Maturi an email as well

Let him know how short sighted this is. Kids aren't gonna want to play here. Even kids who don't normally get in trouble, good kids, are going to be afraid that, in the middle of a season, the AD or the coach will just swoop in and make up the rules as they go along.

Is this or is this not a violation of team rules? Is he or is he not acedemically elligible?

If you're sending emails to the athletic director, university president, general counsel, etc., why not paste them here?

I'm just curious what people are saying and on what basis they believe they have more information and/or better judgment about this situation than does the university.

If you're sending emails to the athletic director, university president, general counsel, etc., why not paste them here?

I'm just curious what people are saying and on what basis they believe they have more information and/or better judgment about this situation than does the university.

mine basically centered around not having a double standard between the FB and BB programs. Where it seems as though FB players were routinely getting arrested for underage drinking, evading arrest, and getting minors, but were still allowed to play. The facts of this case seem to be much more benign than those. FB, person thinking the no contact order was over, well meaning behind it, no actual contact, etc.

My email simply states that if this thing is as it appears- if there is nothing else to this- that there should be no suspension and that a suspension under the known circumstances will imperil the program and fan support.

If there's more- then fine, it will come out and it will stand scrutiny. If not and he's suspended for this- then what student athlete is going to want to come here? Seriously it's moments like this when a joker like Royce White is given the appearance of credibility when he says the program is too harsh on the athletes. Seriously, you could suspend half the student body for infractions.

Mine is sent. I tried to stress the fact that while I obviously didn't know all the details, what seems like a harmless facebook (god I hate facebook) message should not be grounds for a suspension if there were no violations of team rules. There was no physical altercation, etc. Plus I threw in a few pity lines about his teammates and the $$ I have spent supporting the program..

I am gonna email him and see if I can get my single game purdue tickets exchanged for a game where I'd actually get to see the 25th ranked team play.

I'm going to email the head of OPEC (or whoever) and ask him not raise gas prices. Then I'm going to email Santa and the Easter Bunny.

What does Tony Dungy think about this? What would he do?

Really?? What does Tony Dungy have to say?? Every pro sports team has a locker room full of over-privileged thugs, coaches turn a blind eye all the time. I'm not saying what should happen, but if it really is as simple as a 'hope you are well' facebook message a suspension is Bull$hit.

If anyone here has never done anything worse than what is alleged, by all means please let me know so I can confess to you.

This is not his personal email address don't waste your time!!!!!!!

Joel? Is that you? I've emailed you at that address and you've responded to me from it.

I have sent mine. Pointed out the double-standard of allowing football players go out, get drunk, get chased by cops to play while suspending Trevor for this. If Brew can be allowed to handle punishment internally, so should Tubby. It's also unfair to the rest of the team, especially Hoff and Nolen, to send their senior season down the tubes because you 'feel pressure.' You're the AD. Stand up to the pressure for once, and tell them it's your decision and you'll make it. Have a backbone for once. This is paraphrased of course. Common sense and fairness to most folks is that what Trevor has been through in the last 24 hours is probably punishment enough for a very stupid lapse in judgement.

my email has been sent! basically said trevor hasn't been a perfect kid, but he's done his best and has put a lot effort and time into the program the last 2 years, and I also reminded him that trevor's message on fb didn't mean harm. Lastly i said god bless for what a stressful job he has.

Top Bottom