"No Contact" agreements?

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
How many here have ever had one? I doubt many of us do. This is the kind of thing that happens when a woman feels seriously threatened. The fact that she responded as quickly as she did, calling the cops, tells us all we need to know about her comfort level. She's obviously terrified by Trevor. Question is, why?

Putting 2 and 2 together with this and the Miami case, I'd say Mbwake probably has some serious anger management issues.

I hate to say this, but I can't see Mbawke's basketball career with the Gophers surviving this.

That's standard fare with all my ex girlfriends.

There are a lot of crazy, angry women out there too.....

How many here have ever had one? I doubt many of us do. This is the kind of thing that happens when a woman feels seriously threatened. The fact that she responded as quickly as she did, calling the cops, tells us all we need to know about her comfort level. She's obviously terrified by Trevor. Question is, why?

Putting 2 and 2 together with this and the Miami case, I'd say Mbwake probably has some serious anger management issues.

I hate to say this, but I can't see Mbawke's basketball career with the Gophers surviving this.

Or she might have an axe to grind. From what it sounds like the "no contact" order was on both sides.

From everything I've read on here - it sounds like she overreacted. I bet he plays against Purdue.

Or she might have an axe to grind. From what it sounds like the "no contact" order was on both sides.

From everything I've read on here - it sounds like she overreacted. I bet he plays against Purdue.
Look, I get that this probably won't end up being a huge deal, but you can't say that she overreacted. You don't know the details of the relationship and a no contact order means NO CONTACT. You can't blame anyone but Trevor for this.

Look, I get that this probably won't end up being a huge deal, but you can't say that she overreacted. You don't know the details of the relationship and a no contact order means NO CONTACT. You can't blame anyone but Trevor for this.

No contact order?

This kid obviously has had issues that are serious. And if she called the police that quickly? Either she really really has it in for him or it is more serious than we know.

How many 20 yer old kids have been to court for this?

Generally, no contact orders are issued by a judge in criminal courts. A harassment restraining order or order for protection is issued from a civil court.

In any of these court orders, they are generally one way (i.e., respondent cannot contact/be around/whatever the terms of the particular order are the petitioner...).

I'm leaving the facts of this one alone for various reasons, but I can say that a harassment restraining order ("HRO") can be issued if there are repeated unwanted acts... including if someone keeps calling another person, or texting you, etc... and you didn't want them to contact you any longer. An HRO being issued does not mean the respondent has necessarily done anything criminally wrong, but violation of an HRO is criminal.

You do not need to first go to the police before requesting an HRO. You complete your petition with your complaint and history of harassment.. a signing judge reviews it - they'll either (a) dismiss it - i.e., tell you to get bent and denying it because the incidents you're describing don't rise to the level of harassment, (b) deny it - i.e., temporary order is not granted, but the judge will hear your case in person if you wish, or (c) the order is granted for 2 years without a hearing.

At that time an order is issued, the respondent can request a hearing... or you can decide to simply not respond and obey (or disobey) the HRO.

PS - sometimes I like to bold things for reasons.

No way of really knowing until ALL the facts are known. Who's to say Trevor didn't contact the person(in violation of HRO) several times before this latest indicdent but the person decided not to issue a complaint. Could she have documented those occasions and felt this was the last straw. Not saying this is the case but we don't have any idea till we know the facts.

I agree this is 100% trevor's fault... Come on man if you have a restraining order against you that requires no contact why would you even mess around with it. Restraining orders and violation of them are taken very serious. People saying he plays against Purdue are crazy..its all over national sports news. I see mininum of 4 game suspension. Hopefully i'm wrong.

BOLD

Generally, no contact orders are issued by a judge in criminal courts. A harassment restraining order or order for protection is issued from a civil court.

In any of these court orders, they are generally one way (i.e., respondent cannot contact/be around/whatever the terms of the particular order are the petitioner...).

I'm leaving the facts of this one alone for various reasons, but I can say that a harassment restraining order ("HRO") can be issued if there are repeated unwanted acts... including if someone keeps calling another person, or texting you, etc... and you didn't want them to contact you any longer. An HRO being issued does not mean the respondent has necessarily done anything criminally wrong, but violation of an HRO is criminal.

You do not need to first go to the police before requesting an HRO. You complete your petition with your complaint and history of harassment.. a signing judge reviews it - they'll either (a) dismiss it - i.e., tell you to get bent and denying it because the incidents you're describing don't rise to the level of harassment, (b) deny it - i.e., temporary order is not granted, but the judge will hear your case in person if you wish, or (c) the order is granted for 2 years without a hearing.

At that time an order is issued, the respondent can request a hearing... or you can decide to simply not respond and obey (or disobey) the HRO.

PS - sometimes I like to bold things for reasons.

GW,

OK, I am feeling a bit dense. Why the emboldened HRO?

:)

I suspect more & more tickets will become available for the remaining Gopher games. At some point a lot of people are going to say enough is enough with the off-court stuff, and I can't say I'd blame them. All we can do, I guess, is continue to support the team that takes the floor.

This stuff certainly can't be helping the fund drive for a new practice facility, and if it continues it certainly won't help with the season-ticket seating realignment for 2012-13.

I suspect more & more tickets will become available for the remaining Gopher games. At some point a lot of people are going to say enough is enough with the off-court stuff, and I can't say I'd blame them. All we can do, I guess, is continue to support the team that takes the floor.This stuff certainly can't be helping the fund drive for a new practice facility, and if it continues it certainly won't help with the season-ticket seating realignment for 2012-13.

Now that takes some nads.

Hickory Huskers

All we can do, I guess, is continue to support the team that takes the floor.

"I hope you would support who we are, not who we are not" --Norman Dale

I thought everybody in (Minnesota) played basketball.
Sir, most do, but not everyone can stay out of jail.

One of many great quotes courtesy of Norman Dale. I'll heed his advice and hope for (what now would appear to be) an unexpected win over the Boilers on Thursday.

I just hope we're not headed toward another "Iron 5" type of season. What do we have left, 9 players who can suit up?

9 including Dawson. But hey, Dan Dakich said Dawson fills out a uniform better than any other walk-on in the country! Maybe he just needs a shot ala Dusty Rychart? W/o TM they are down to just two bigs. That's a good situation to be in facing JaJuan Johnson.

Really? We're going to hit a soft part of the schedule and start winning. Trevor likely isn't going to be suspended. Do you really think that this reflects that poorly on the team? Do you expect more (important) players to be suspended, therefore affecting ticket sales?

I suspect more & more tickets will become available for the remaining Gopher games. At some point a lot of people are going to say enough is enough with the off-court stuff, and I can't say I'd blame them. All we can do, I guess, is continue to support the team that takes the floor.

This stuff certainly can't be helping the fund drive for a new practice facility, and if it continues it certainly won't help with the season-ticket seating realignment for 2012-13.

Do not disagree

I think Trevor may have some underlying issues with how he treats women. However, I do not think that this particular indiscretion merits dismissal, or even suspension.

I do believe he is on extremely thin ice and one more slip-up like this and he will be done. Hopefully he is working on improving in this area.

"We're going to hit a soft part of the schedule and start winning."

I certainly hope that will be the case, with or without Trevor. The way the Gophers are playing right now and with all the unnecessary distractions going on, I'm not so sure we should consider any part of our schedule "soft."

"We're going to hit a soft part of the schedule and start winning."

I certainly hope that will be the case, with or without Trevor. The way the Gophers are playing right now I'm not so sure we should consider any part of our schedule "soft."

Out of curiosity alone, why do you never use the quote function?

As a former volunteer Lackawanna County Deputies Sheriff I must say that this Mr. Mabakwu broke the law, and if you break the law you should receive justifiable punishment. Give him the death penalty.

Haven't taken the time to try it. I'm open for a lesson. Thanks in advance.

Haven't taken the time to try it. I'm open for a lesson. Thanks in advance.

Haha, just press the "quote" button below the post you want to reply too. It automatically copies in the text of that original post for you.

Just trying to save my favorite poster some time!

Top Bottom