You idiots really think trevor is getting suspended?

well that much is obvious, but i think this is a slap on the wrist dont do it again you lughead type thing and not a NATIONAL NEWS TREVOR MBAKWE ARRESTED FOR HEINOUSCRIME MORE AT 11. its a goddamn well wishing facebook post. *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# the media

Seriously...I went to si.com earlier this morning and the first thing I see is a major headline "Gophers F Mbakwe jailed on harassment charge". If this turns out to be what it seems to be....what a ridiculously overblown non-story. Seems like the media have one year turned toward MN because of the events of the last 1-2 years. Bunch of BS.

'As Dinkytown Turns' is exactly right

I dont think he should, but he should be in trouble. He broke the law. Apologists here are blaming the girlfriend and Maturi, what about Trevor? Does he not have some personal repsonsibility. Based on quotes in the papers today, info from Florida, and his reported talking to of that girl on June 19th, he seems like not that great of a guy. But, he rebounds and dunks real good so he should be playing, right?

I dont think he should, but he should be in trouble. He broke the law. Apologists here are blaming the girlfriend and Maturi, what about Trevor? Does he not have some personal repsonsibility. Based on quotes in the papers today, info from Florida, and his reported talking to of that girl on June 19th, he seems like not that great of a guy. But, he rebounds and dunks real good so he should be playing, right?

Sweet thread bump. Shouldn't you be sulking the badger loss tonight?

But, he rebounds and dunks real good so he should be playing, right?

Cam Newton runs and passes real good, and he's still playing. Definitely not saying that's the right thing, honestly I can't wait till Auburn is stripped of their Heisman and National Title, but it's not the first time something like that would have happened.

If he keeps dogging her and won't leave her alone, I can understand. If he sends a message threatening to harm her, I can understand. But he sends a note wishing her well and trying to apologize for past actions, and she calls the cops on him. It makes me wonder if she even read the message, seeing as she probably got the restraining order because she felt threatened, and there was nothing even remotely threatening about what he wrote. At least Trevor knows better than to try to make amends with this woman again.

If he keeps dogging her and won't leave her alone, I can understand. If he sends a message threatening to harm her, I can understand. But he sends a note wishing her well and trying to apologize for past actions, and she calls the cops on him. It makes me wonder if she even read the message, seeing as she probably got the restraining order because she felt threatened, and there was nothing even remotely threatening about what he wrote. At least Trevor knows better than to try to make amends with this woman again.

We read the note as a gentle approach. Someone who is afraid reads the note as another attempt to enter her life again. She is afraid for a reason and that reason may be valid or not. But the reality is we don't know the entire story of why she is afraid but should not ignore that fact.

Taken alone, the note makes no threat and is easily dismissed. But for someone who has experienced a traumatic relationship, the content means nothing. She only sees someone she is aftaid of trying to break into her life again. You say no harm, she feels she is being stalked.

I dont care about the Wisc BB team, only the FB team.

You keep saying this. Do you think anyone here is buying it?

Even if it is true, which it isn't, do you think repeating it over and over again makes it any less pathetic?

We read the note as a gentle approach. Someone who is afraid reads the note as another attempt to enter her life again. She is afraid for a reason and that reason may be valid or not. But the reality is we don't know the entire story of why she is afraid but should not ignore that fact.

Taken alone, the note makes no threat and is easily dismissed. But for someone who has experienced a traumatic relationship, the content means nothing. She only sees someone she is aftaid of trying to break into her life again. You say no harm, she feels she is being stalked.

You start from the assumption that she is afraid of him, but we don't know that. We only know that she has said that she was. If she truly is afraid of him, then I agree with you that Mbakwe’s message could easily have been interpreted as him conveying to her that he still knows how to reach her whenever he wants to do so. If she is not really afraid of him, but is still mad at him, then his posting on her Facebook page gave her the opportunity to harm him. Either way, he violated a court order and there are consequences for that.

Interesting, to me at least, is that it appears that the reason that she gave for being afraid when she was seeking the restraining order was the Dade County matter (which was pending at the time), not anything that was done or said to her by Mbakwe. Doesn’t mean she was never afraid of him, but it seems to suggest that he hadn’t threatened her since that would have been a much stronger argument to make to the judge as to why the restraining order was necessary.

You idiots really think trevor is getting suspended?

I am uncomfortable when idiots call other idiots idiots. :)

My two cents ...

the story of the restraining order and why it happened from Myron's article did trouble me. I think most teenagers are pretty angry, sad, shook up, etc. when their girlfriend that they devoted 3 years of life to dumps them and act out of line. Trevor, I think, took it too far and that is why she went for the order. Do I think Trevor is a bad person for that? Not at all. He may have had some emotional issues dealing with the break up, but a bad person? No. He definitley acted out of line, but I don't believe he is a terrible person with huge character flaws. This whole thing is on Trevor, he needs to handle himself better and even though he is trying to be nice, realize that even though he is in college, he is a basketball star and needs to behave as such. As he tweeted, "If I am not doing well at basketball, would she have called the cops?" I am not so sure I can answer that.

Trevor screwed up, it is his fault completely, but I agree with Tubby. It was a lapse in judgement. It doesn't make him a bad guy and it doesn't make him evil or anything as people are suggesting. People say we are "easy" o Trevor because he plays basketball, I am thinking others might be overly hard on him for that same reason ... simply to make sure that athletes aren't given any benefits. Trevor Mbakwe is not Cam Newton, he is not Terrelle Pryor. He is Trevor Mbakwe. He is a 21 year old, who was 19 and had a tough break up with the girl he'd been dating since he was 16. He handled the break up very very poorly, and then tried to make things right at 21. It wasn't a smart thing to do, however, as she had a restraining order against him, but hopefully he learns from it and realizes that he is not a "normal" person anymore. He is an athlete, possibly headed to the NBA, and he is in the spotlight and under a microscope.

You keep saying this. Do you think anyone here is buying it?

Even if it is true, which it isn't, do you think repeating it over and over again makes it any less pathetic?

Just responding to the post Mr Kill.

I have shared season tickets to the BB team and have had them for the past 9 years. Yes I am a BB fan. My best friend growing up lived two houses from Clem in Minnetonka and I became a fan of the program in the late 80's. I think the FB program is a joke.

Just responding to the post Mr Kill.

I have shared season tickets to the BB team and have had them for the past 9 years. Yes I am a BB fan. My best friend growing up lived two houses from Clem in Minnetonka and I became a fan of the program in the late 80's. I think the FB program is a joke.

You don't have to apologize for your fandom. You do have to apologize for your SN and picture. Some things don't go together. ;)

What is SN?

And what the heck is wrong with my pic? :p

SN = Screen Name.

I always thought you had on a Gopher hat and Badger shirt in that pic. I see now it's not. But it just goes to show you that your moniker colored my opinion of you. Your Badger-dom should be kept in the closet on here, otherwise you are at least part troll :cool:. In fairness, acknowledging it is better then the rest of the Bucky trolls.

Top Bottom