GopherHole.com Exclusive: Insight behind Trevor Mbakwe's No Contact Issue

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
KSTP broke the story that Gopher’s forward, Trevor Mbakwe, was just arrested this evening for violating a restraining order. That is true, and he’s currently being held in Ramsey County Jail right now. I was able to speak to a source that’s close to him, that wishes to remain nameless, about what transpired.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1276

Good job Nadine. Way to scoop those Fox, ESPN and local jackals.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this so fast. Looks like the ex-girlfriend is the one with the issues.

Thank goodness. I was freaking out there for a while

That won't stop KFAN from pouncing on this like rabid dogs.

If that's what it really is, no way Trevor sits.

I understand Maturi is Maturi, but you can't possibly sit a kid for this can you?!

If that's all it is he shouldn't be punished. My only worry is our AD is Maturi, but at least Maturi said he isn't going to jump to any conclusions until he gets all the facts. Maybe he'll make the right decision for once.

Is it possible for Trevor to come away from this unscathed, or is it another "guilty even though he's innocent" type thing?

Thanks Nadine. Trevor - leave that girl alone!

No kidding. You've got a whack-job like that on your hands, excise her from your life completely, and that includes Facebook and everything else. It's like removing a cancerous tumor, you've got to get rid of it all.

And enough with the damn melodrama already. Sheesh!

I'll be glad to cover Trevor's bail with a portion of what I'm going to win on the football game tonight. 500.00 - no problemo.

Trevor plays on Thursday.

Suspend him for being an idiot? I think he's probably been punished enough already now that the entire tweeting world knows what's going on

His heart was in the right place. She could have at least told him not to talk to her or something instead of immediately calling the cops.

My advice to Mbakwe: Disregard females, acquire currency.

I guess we now wait and see how the letter of the law vs. the intent of the law plays out.

I'm really disappointed with those who say they are jumping off the bandwagon without know all the specifics concerning Trevor. What kind of fan are you? Sure there has been some adversity, just like there is with other programs. Trevor appears to be getting out of jail this evening. It now seems like a little more than a misunderstanding. And, how about the rest of the team? Don't they need your support more than ever?

You complain about not getting the best recruits and this and that. Well, sometimes you can be your worst enemy. Sheesh.

I'll be glad to cover Trevor's bail with a portion of what I'm going to win on the football game tonight. 500.00 - no problemo.

Good lord, now you've gotten us in NCAA trouble. Gambling and illegal payments from a booster. Might as well forfeit the rest of the season.

I want to believe that, but I'd say it's less then 50/50. Maturi won't have 'all the facts' by then. He'll be suspended.

His heart was in the right place. She could have at least told him not to talk to her or something instead of immediately calling the cops.

My advice to Mbakwe: Disregard females, acquire currency.

I'm pretty sure she did that when she got a no-contact against him.

I'm pretty sure she did that when she got a restraining order against him.
Based on Nadine's article, it sounds like the extra 1 year on the original 1 year restraining order was pursued by Trevor and his current girlfriend, almost a mutual sort of restraining order?

Good lord, now you've gotten us in NCAA trouble. Gambling and illegal payments from a booster. Might as well forfeit the rest of the season.

10 seconds and I'll be seriously boosting! Yes!

If that's what really happened, why does some idiot put him in jail. Anyone think our legal system might be a mess.

So he is not in trouble anymore?

Per Nadine's source -

The source said both Tubby Smith and Vince Taylor are aware of this, and although it was not a smart thing to do, the source said it wasn’t a violation of team rules or policies, and they didn’t expect any action taken against Mbakwe with relation to Gopher Basketball, or a possible suspension.

Let's wait to see what Tubby and JM say.

Top Bottom