I can't see this team making the tournament without Mbakwe.

akoch6767

Reaction score
Let's face it...If we lose Trevor for the rest of the season it's over!

Number 1- This team will have no true rebounding presence. Bye-bye 12 boards per game. I see lots of wasted- one and done- type of possessions. Mostly blaming the half-court offense...horrendous.

Number 2- This means Iverson will be a major minutes guy. Colt doesn't really play well until the last week of the season, and I'm afraid it will be to late by then.

Number 3- More freshman will be seeing time, and the possiblity of Elliason comming of his redshirt is almost certain. So far I am not impressed by any of the freshman besides Chip. Too many turnovers! I don't think this move will benefit Elliot either one bit.

Number 4- The Big Ten is a good conference this season. Finding those quality wins will be impossible...Especially with a team who is falling into turmoil. I don't see us going 9-9 in any way with the mistakes being shown on the court.

Number 5- Mbakwe was the leader of the team! He made everyone play much better. Tell me who will step up in his absence?

Nothing is said and done, and I am still optamistic about the future of a team. Coach Smith is no dummy, and I believe that he can turn this team around with or without Mbakwe. He's recruited these guys for a reason...I hope? Let us hope for the best!

Let's not overreact, it looks like he won't be out more than a single game at the very most.

Let's not overreact, it looks like he won't be out more than a single game at the very most.
Agreed.

If it really is this stupid Facebook deal as reported, I don't even know if he'll be out for the Purdue game.

I'm guessing you won't feel too bad about all this if it's just the one game right? :cool:

1-3...If we lose him for the Purdue game it's a loss. We have to hope that this thing was blown out of proportion. It sounds like it is...but you know how Maturi treats these types of issues.

I'm guessing you won't feel too bad about all this if it's just the one game right? :cool:
I'd rather you guys be at (mostly) full strength. Frankly, if he's suspended for this, if Nadine's report is accurate, I think that's ridiculous.

I'd rather you guys be at (mostly) full strength. Frankly, if he's suspended for this, if Nadine's report is accurate, I think that's ridiculous.

Most reasonable people would agree. But this is Joel Maturi we're talking about. I'm guessing until he can meet personally with Zuckerberg and get all the facts, we're talking indefinite suspension. :rolleyes:

Most reasonable people would agree. But this is Joel Maturi we're talking about. I'm guessing until he can meet personally with Zuckerberg and get all the facts, we're talking indefinite suspension. :rolleyes:

So true! Nothing is ever a minor incident with Maturi. Look at the Royce White deal.

So true! Nothing is ever a minor incident with Maturi. Look at the Royce White deal.

shoving a security guard to a concrete floor, stealing $200 in clothes, and being charged with laptop theft. Not minor incidents.

He was only found guilty of trespassing...The kid came clean...Maturi waited to long and didn't buy in. At some point you have to stand up for your alumni and students don't you?

First, over-react one way and then over-react a different way and I'll bet you're not even in menopause.

Sounds like he's done for...I can't see Maturi sending him out there again this season.

First, over-react one way and then over-react a different way and I'll bet you're not even in menopause.

First off read the rest of the chat. Second off Maturi has caused this program a great deal of problems. Third off, I'm very optamistic about this program, and I always hope the best for the b ball team. I am a die hard fan.

He will probably be suspended until he is proven innocent in a court of law

I'm trying to remain objective on this, but I must say some of the reactions here trouble me. Your very first reaction is to start ripping Maturi again? Gees, take a step back and try to take a look at both sides of things. If anything, Maturi is the last person I'd look to point the finger at. ... first in line would be Trevor & second in line would be the staff that recruited him (and I'm a Tubby supporter).

I understand your point of view but how about a little objectivity? How about putting the biggest share of the onus on Trevor, who absolutely should be smart enough to know he was violating the restraining order. If anything -- as someone who tries to look at things objectively -- what the latest incident leads me to believe is that it's more likely the U (and Maturi) did the right thing last year, not the wrong thing.

I would ask these simple questions. Those of you with daughters, if there was a restraining order against a man from coming into contact with your daughter, would even something seemingly as "harmless" as a "I hope you are doing well" on a Facebook page cause you concern? Would it make you feel uncomfortable? Angry? Threatened in any way? Would it scare or freak out your daughter? I don't have a daughter, but I know my answer most definitively would be yes to each question. Stay away means stay away, physically, mentally, emotionally and verbally. It's not very difficult to comprehend exactly what a restraining order means.

Just another viewpoint.

That's all I'm saying about this crap. I'm sick of the drama, and it's becoming more & more difficult to invest in this team. (Yes, I know that's not fair to the players who do stay out of trouble) Beat friggin' Purdue, and while you're at it keep your noses clean on and off the court and use some common sense.

If Maturi would simply say, 'any discipline will be handled by Coach Smith' I would be totally fine with him on this issue. What ticks me off is that Brew was allowed to handle situations worse then this himself and didn't suspend guys like Tinsley, yet Matuir involved himself in every basketball issue. If anyone's going to be allowed to handle these things himself hasn't Tubby earned it far more then Brew?

The thing that I find funny, and I think it was already brought up, is that they are still FB friends. Would they both be in violation? Seeing as they are still, in a way, communicating with eachother? Although it is passive, because she/he could just be reading their post, but, if I had the daughther you speak of and she was still FB friends with the guy, I would question how scared of him she really is.

Let's face it...If we lose Trevor for the rest of the season it's over!

Number 1- This team will have no true rebounding presence. Bye-bye 12 boards per game. I see lots of wasted- one and done- type of possessions. Mostly blaming the half-court offense...horrendous.

Number 2- This means Iverson will be a major minutes guy. Colt doesn't really play well until the last week of the season, and I'm afraid it will be to late by then.

Number 3- More freshman will be seeing time, and the possiblity of Elliason comming of his redshirt is almost certain. So far I am not impressed by any of the freshman besides Chip. Too many turnovers! I don't think this move will benefit Elliot either one bit.

Number 4- The Big Ten is a good conference this season. Finding those quality wins will be impossible...Especially with a team who is falling into turmoil. I don't see us going 9-9 in any way with the mistakes being shown on the court.

Number 5- Mbakwe was the leader of the team! He made everyone play much better. Tell me who will step up in his absence?

Nothing is said and done, and I am still optamistic about the future of a team. Coach Smith is no dummy, and I believe that he can turn this team around with or without Mbakwe. He's recruited these guys for a reason...I hope? Let us hope for the best!

I don't see this team making the NCAA with or without him. It is not nearly as good as last years team. You've basically added Mbwake and taken away Westbrook, Johnson, Carter, and Joseph. I figure Cobbs is a wash. The freshman are freshman, a couple will be quite good with time, they aren't there yet.

If the reported information is correct, my answer would absolutely be no to all of your questions. I don't care how bad the relationship may have gotten, at some point they cared for each other and something like "I hope all is well" is absolutely nothing to be threatened by. She didn't need to respond to that. If he continued to contact her, harmless or not, then it would be time to possibly feel threatened.

People are ripping on Maturi because of his past. If the facts are true, no other AD would possibly suspend a player in the same situation. With Maturi's past, it was reasonable to worry that he'd suspend Trevor for something as stupid as a harmless facebook comment.

I'm trying to remain objective on this, but I must say some of the reactions here trouble me. Your very first reaction is to start ripping Maturi again? Gees, take a step back and try to take a look at both sides of things. If anything, Maturi is the last person I'd look to point the finger at. ... first in line would be Trevor & second in line would be the staff that recruited him (and I'm a Tubby supporter).

I understand your point of view but how about a little objectivity? How about putting the biggest share of the onus on Trevor, who absolutely should be smart enough to know he was violating the restraining order. If anything -- as someone who tries to look at things objectively -- what the latest incident leads me to believe is that it's more likely the U (and Maturi) did the right thing last year, not the wrong thing.

I would ask these simple questions. Those of you with daughters, if there was a restraining order against a man from coming into contact with your daughter, would even something seemingly as "harmless" as a "I hope you are doing well" on a Facebook page cause you concern? Would it make you feel uncomfortable? Angry? Threatened in any way? Would it scare or freak out your daughter? I don't have a daughter, but I know my answer most definitively would be yes to each question. Stay away means stay away, physically, mentally, emotionally and verbally. It's not very difficult to comprehend exactly what a restraining order means.

Just another viewpoint.

That's all I'm saying about this crap. I'm sick of the drama, and it's becoming more & more difficult to invest in this team. (Yes, I know that's not fair to the players who do stay out of trouble) Beat friggin' Purdue, and while you're at it keep your noses clean on and off the court and use some common sense.

Does player improvement not matter? And Mbakwe is better than any of the players that we lost and we also got Nolen back. We will make the tournament. I'm guessing you assumed we wouldn't make it the past 2 years during rough stretches in the schedule.

I don't see this team making the NCAA with or without him. It is not nearly as good as last years team. You've basically added Mbwake and taken away Westbrook, Johnson, Carter, and Joseph. I figure Cobbs is a wash. The freshman are freshman, a couple will be quite good with time, they aren't there yet.

Top Bottom