Reusse 1500 column: U women's team has gone off tracks

For some unknown reason, like Patrick I found myself watching some of the second half yesterday afternoon. I came to the same conclusion. The Gopher women are unwatchable. ... I guess it was one of those situations where I knew I was watching a train wreck and I couldn't turn away. Wisconsin was awful, too, the Gophers' equal in Brick-Laying 101.

Big Ten women's basketball is pretty bad, and the Gophers will be lucky if they win more than 3-4 conference games. Not a strong testament to the state of the program.

Its too bad. It could make money for the U but when your turnovers equal points scored it is tough to watch. Time for a change at the top?

For some unknown reason, like Patrick I found myself watching some of the second half yesterday afternoon. I came to the same conclusion. The Gopher women are unwatchable. ... I guess it was one of those situations where I knew I was watching a train wreck and I couldn't turn away. Wisconsin was awful, too, the Gophers' equal in Brick-Laying 101.

Big Ten women's basketball is pretty bad, and the Gophers will be lucky if they win more than 3-4 conference games. Not a strong testament to the state of the program.

Consistently said that Borton's record didn't warrant talk of replacement, but this year's team is continuing a decline that's really been sad to see. At the end of last year she claimed this year's freshmen would be more athletic and better shooters. Haven't seen it; they seem to be the same physical players with limited offensive skills that she's had before. You need a couple of those kids but you also need players who can score. Whether Borton favors recruiting that type of player or can't get the shooters, I don't know. Can't argue with any of Reusse's column although I hate giving him clicks. In a way it's like watching Tubby's team in a half court offense when they're struggling, only a lot worse.

Top Bottom