Run Tubby Run!!!!!

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
Since we are going to turn the ball over in the half court anyways...why not run and gun. The only time we were in the game last night was when we were running or when we went to the basket early in the shot clock and played man defense.

Our team is athletic enough to play at a more frantic pace and the style would suit Armelin and Hollins much more than a half court set.

Plus, I am tired of seeing Iverson and RSIII turn the ball over from the high post...lets move, lets run and push tempo and lets have our most athletic players get in space and play...if the opposition stops the ball...look for a trailing Hoff for three or a trailing big in the post...run Tubby run!

As did I. That is how we will win. Press 'em and run 'em. Players want to play that way let's do this!!

Plus 1

As did I. That is how we will win. Press 'em and run 'em. Players want to play that way let's do this!!

Plus 1

Wouldn't that tick Joseph off if he flicked ont he TV and saw the Gophs running down court popping shots early in the clock!? :clap:

Last year at this time, I was telling people that RSIII and Iverson needed to be on the floor together most of the time. Tubby didn't go that way until the Big Ten Tournament, and the rest is history.

Now that we've seen the makeup of this club...yes, it's time to run!!

Hollins missed that 4 footer in the lane...uncontested and he missed! If he makes that, its a 1 point game and we find Lauderdale for another foul and take our chances...Hollins' miss was huge!

Ahanmisi is careless with the ball...he turns it over more than Sexy Rexy Grossman.

Agreed. When you have athletes who cannot shoot from the outside - scoring in transition is the best option. Let these guys get to the rack.

Seriously, lately, the only way we score in half-court is if Nolen can break down his defender and dish to someone for a dunk. I would love to push the pace and let Nolen do his thing. He seems to be finishing better this year and is an excellent passer when driving to the hole.

Top Bottom