Running plays for HOff

march madness

Reaction score
I see lots of screens for Blake. The number one game plan for opposing teams is to faceguard him and give him no space to shoot, to never help off of him, and to make him put it on the floor. Watch when we run screens for him, not only is his guy overplaying but the screeners defenders are shading their too. We need somekind of a counter and roll to the basket by our bigs when this happens. We are too easy to defend.

Keep feeding Trevor. Teams are getting in foul trouble and he is making free throws. Until someone is good enough to get doubed, Hoff will have trouble finding his spots. We can dominate the boards so its vital to get inside shots, Rodney driving the lane for pullups. Hopefully someone can make a mid range jumper too.

I see lots of screens for Blake. The number one game plan for opposing teams is to faceguard him and give him no space to shoot, to never help off of him, and to make him put it on the floor. Watch when we run screens for him, not only is his guy overplaying but the screeners defenders are shading their too. We need somekind of a counter and roll to the basket by our bigs when this happens. We are too easy to defend.

Keep feeding Trevor. Teams are getting in foul trouble and he is making free throws. Until someone is good enough to get doubed, Hoff will have trouble finding his spots. We can dominate the boards so its vital to get inside shots, Rodney driving the lane for pullups. Hopefully someone can make a mid range jumper too.

I'm still trying to figure out if its the offense or if its hoff? either blake is poor at leading his guy into a screen or our screens are late. it appears in our set blake gets a chip and turns hoping for the ball and is rarely open. and when he isn't open off of that he stands around and nolen tries to beat someone off the dribble or a shot gets forced by someone. its no secret that I think blake should be a guy off the bench unless we run a 3 guard offense but with devoe gone we are kinda screwed with that idea. don't know how we make it to a .500 record in the big ten this year? I see us in every game but no offense that can take us over the hump.

I'm still trying to figure out if its the offense or if its hoff? either blake is poor at leading his guy into a screen or our screens are late. it appears in our set blake gets a chip and turns hoping for the ball and is rarely open. and when he isn't open off of that he stands around and nolen tries to beat someone off the dribble or a shot gets forced by someone. its no secret that I think blake should be a guy off the bench unless we run a 3 guard offense but with devoe gone we are kinda screwed with that idea. don't know how we make it to a .500 record in the big ten this year? I see us in every game but no offense that can take us over the hump.

When you are not a threat off the bounce you get this tight of defense. Blake would have been more effective with Joseph than not but that's irrelevant. Blake could try to be more active but as a "catch and shoot" guy you can only create so much space.

How many times have you seen Diebler take his guy off the dribble? Rarely and why, that's not his game he is there to shoot quality 3's just like Hoff. Diebler gets his when others are doubled or in transition. It is silly to think someone wants the Hoff on the bench. Did you see that both Al and Rodney's defenders were sagging 8 feet into the lane on them? We have one shooter and because he isnt great at driving he should be on the bench. Brilliant! I am suprised your not a coach somewhere.

Top Bottom