the defense looked a lot better

march madness

Reaction score
They doubled sullinger very effectively. He didnt dominate this game and he did find the occassional shooter from the doubles but we also got our hands on a few balls.

They doubled sullinger very effectively. He didnt dominate this game and he did find the occassional shooter from the doubles but we also got our hands on a few balls.

I thought they didn't make as many bad fouls against OSU. My biggest worry was that Trevor would have to sit for long stretches due to that, but he didn't let that become an issue. Ralph and Colt didn't put the OSU bigs on the line as much as I thought they would as well.

The thing that stood out (negative) is how our big guys still run out to contest the three's. Colton got caught in a switch (second half) and instead of getting back to block-out, he ran towards the shooter. Shot was off and his guy grabbed the rebound. Guys like Williams or our guards should be the only players to ever try to contest the three's. We need our rebounders to be in rebound position.

Yeah the defense and hot free throw shooting definitely showed up.

True. They did a good job on Sullinger. He is a real talent. Trouble is they have others that can carry the load. Lighty will play in the NBA. OSU got conservative in the last 6 minutes and gave the Gophers a chance to catch up. When they play their aggressive offensive game, they have a lot of weapons.

Top Bottom