The new Run and Gun Gophers?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Tubby says we are going to shoot as soon as we cross half court to avoid passing errors. :) Who knew that Tubby had a little Paul Westhead in him? Interesting article.

For those that don't remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySuY3jeA2Ew

: Loyola Marymount Lions
Athletic teams at Loyola Marymount are known as Lions; the school's primary athletic affiliation is with the West Coast Conference. While LMU has had success in several sports, it is probably best remembered for its men's basketball teams between 1985 and 1990, with Paul Westhead as coach and for the death of star player Hank Gathers (#44), who collapsed during the second round of the WCC tournament on March 4, 1990 and for his friendship with teammates Michael Craven (#21) and Bo Kimble (#30). Their jerseys have been retired at LMU. [edit] To this day, LMU games occupy the top five spots in the list of highest-scoring NCAA Division I basketball games.

Especially well-remembered was the 1990 team, led by Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble until tragedy struck in the WCC tournament. Gathers collapsed during a game and died due to a previously diagnosed heart condition. Playing for their fallen teammate, the Lions advanced to the Elite Eight (regional final) of the NCAA tournament before falling to eventual champions UNLV.

I'm wondering if Tubby had a sit down with Tom Kelly lately. He had his dry sarcasm flowing yesterday, including the 'I'm an awful coach' bit. TK broke that out a lot in the 90's.

Yep- that's a sure fire way to get everybody to say- "oh he's not a bad coach at all- it's the players that can't get it done and are making him look bad." A little manipulation by the Tubster.

Let's start it up

Seems like we had success creating confusion on the press and then fast breaking the other way. Seems like the players really liked playing that way and want to do it more. Seems like we had the Buckeye's on the ropes.

Hopefully Tubby at least tries this style of play out for a little while and if we start to get burned with the press then we move away from it. But every game we should be playing the way we played in the second half.

I'm all for it.

We started going on our run when we were pushing the ball, getting out in transition, and getting guys going to the hoop. Our offense, whether it's Tubby's system, the players' ability to grasp it, or who knows what, just isn't working.

The high-low junk we've been running is terrible. Everyone just stands, our posts can't make the correct feed, nor get the right position, and it turns into Frustration Station.

We've got athletes, let's use them.

I'm all for it.

We started going on our run when we were pushing the ball, getting out in transition, and getting guys going to the hoop. Our offense, whether it's Tubby's system, the players' ability to grasp it, or who knows what, just isn't working.

The high-low junk we've been running is terrible. Everyone just stands, our posts can't make the correct feed, nor get the right position, and it turns into Frustration Station.

We've got athletes, let's use them.

The run MN went on was mostly without Lighty, I think, who is their best player, for my money.

The run MN went on was mostly without Lighty, I think, who is their best player, for my money.
I don't think that negates the fact that we were scoring more easily and had a better offensive flow when we were attempting to push the ball.

Let's Rebound on the Defensive side, Let's RUN, Let's GUN, Let's Rebound on the Offensive End, Let's Repeat this Over and Over Again. Let's Throw Out a Ball Like It's Recess!!!!! Let's Drink Beer.

Go Gophers!!!

I don't think that negates the fact that we were scoring more easily and had a better offensive flow when we were attempting to push the ball.

Agreed - simply pointing out the loss of experience and scoring for OSU.

And we got Lighty out of the game because of fouls. It wasn't like Thad randomly decided to sit his best perimeter player.

This is what they need to do! Early in the season, our offense was quick, always moving - as well as our defense. For some reason, they slowed down on both and they both suffered.

Going into the WI game, I remember reading or hearing that the Gophers were the quickest in the Big Ten (not sure how this is determined) and that WI was next to last in the country for speed. We need to go back to what was working!

Top Bottom